get error for user agnitas in openemm.sql when creating db

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

hobbss

get error for user agnitas in openemm.sql when creating db

Post by hobbss »

1) created a new db in plesk 8, redhat core 4, latest version of everything, called openemm, and a user called openemm.

2) Did this as root: mysql -u openemm -p openemm <openemm.sql
(entered the password for openemm)

I get:

ERROR 1044 (42000) at line 992: Access denied for user 'openemm'@'%' to database
'openemm'

The error is from the following line of the script:

GRANT DELETE, INSERT, UPDATE, LOCK TABLES, SELECT, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES ON openemm.* TO 'agnitas'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'openemm';

The question is, who is agnitas? Is it a user I have to setup?
em4u

I think I might have the same problem?

Post by em4u »

Having got beyond (I think) the simple errors I am now having trouble resolving this one which I think may be similar to yours? I'm still trawling the user forum to see if it's answerred elsewhere. I am using

Suse Linux Enterprise 10 SP1
MySQL 14.12 Dis 5.0.26 for suse-linux
OpenEMM 5.4.0
Java 1.6

When I point my browser at:

http://192.168.1.7:8081/logon.do?action=0

I get...

javax.servlet.ServletException: org.springframework.jdbc.UncategorizedSQLException: Hibernate operation: Cannot open connection; uncategorized SQLException for SQL [???]; SQL state [null]; error code [0]; Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user 'agnitas'@'localhost' (using password: YES)); nested exception is org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user 'agnitas'@'localhost' (using password: YES))
em4u

My issue fixed

Post by em4u »

I was being daft (as usual) - the error I got was due to the fact that although I had created the database I hadn't imported the schema. To do that I followed the instructions for the Linux install (page 22):

mysql -u root openemm < /home/openemm/openemm.db

I don't use a password on my test system so I ommit the -p.