How to update on Windows

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

eisstern

How to update on Windows

Post by eisstern »

Hello,
i run OpenEMM 5.4.0 on a Windows machine. I tried to update via the update-button in Settings, but it seems only to work on Linux machines because it looks for a shell script:

Code: Select all

An error occurred
Cause:	javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.ServletException: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/home/openemm/bin/upgrade.sh": CreateProcess error=3, Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden
To update my version, I have to uninstall the current version and reinstall the new one like written in the new 5.5.0 installationguide (only Linux is described)?
maschoff
Site Admin

windows update

Post by maschoff »

Since the update of the Windows version of OpenEMM is much easier than the Linux update and Windows is missing some components we use for the OpenEMM update process, there is no online update feature for the Windows version.

The (brief) update process is described in file Install_Win_OpenEMM-5.5.txt (see SourceForge -> project "openemm" -> downloads -> documentation).
OpenEMM Maintainer
eisstern

Post by eisstern »

Thanks for your answer!