No emails generated - DB-Exec Failed

Use this forum for questions regarding adoption and functionality of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

linker3000

No emails generated - DB-Exec Failed

Post by linker3000 »

Am I doomed not to get this software to send a mailing!?

Our first live run has failed - we can sent to test recipients but not to our database - no emails are ever generated (sticks on 0 out of 1679).

I have looked at the logs and we have an SQL error:

SELECT cust.customer_id, bind.user_type,cust.,cust.vacdate2txt,cust.anname,cust.vacdescsimple,cust.clinicemail,cust.vacdatetxt,cust.brtel,cust.clinicname,cust.vacdesc2simple,cust.mailtype,cust.email,cust.gender,cust.lastname,cust.title FROM customer_1_tbl cust, customer_1_binding_tbl bind WHERE bind.customer_id = cu
st.customer_id AND (bind.mailinglist_id = 52 AND (bind.user_status = 1 AND ( ( (cust.deceased < 1 AND cust.block < 1 AND lowe
r(cust.email) <> lower('1@1') AND cust.baddebt < 1) AND (date_format(cust.vacdate, '%Y%m') ='200805' OR date_format(cust.vac
date2, '%Y%m') ='200805' ))) AND bind.user_type IN ('A', 'T')))

[28.04.2008 20:24:57] DEBUG/dbase/(1/52/35/63): DB-Exec failed: java.sql.SQLException: You have an error in your SQL syntax;
check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'cust.vacdate2txt,cust.annam
e,cust.vacdescsimple,cust.clinicemail,cust.vacdatetxt' at line 1

Notice the first 'cust.' in the query - in bold and underlined. It has no field name with it!? I have checked and double-checked the template but cannot see any field syntax errors or missing fields so I am at a loss as to how debug this - anyone?

PLEASE!

This may be my last attempt at getting out a mailing before we abandon the software in frustration - which would be a shame.

Thanks

EDIT: After further investigation, this error is caused if any database field names are used in the email headers (Subject, Sender Email address, reply-to address etc. )
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Sorry, you can use data base fields in the subject line but not for email address fields (yet).
OpenEMM Maintainer
linker3000

Post by linker3000 »

ma wrote:Sorry, you can use data base fields in the subject line but not for email address fields (yet).
Thanks - I wondered!

I managed to get 1967 emails out last night - our first real mailing!!