Post your feedback on OpenEMM 5.4 RC1 here! (now open)

Use this forum to report bugs and to check for bugfixes and new releases of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

maschoff
Site Admin

Post your feedback on OpenEMM 5.4 RC1 here! (now open)

Post by maschoff »

Please use this thread for your feedback on release candidate 1 of OpenEMM 5.4. Thank you!
OpenEMM Maintainer
asai

Post by asai »

Ok, nuther bug.

When trying to send an email to Test Recipients, I found that OpenEMM had reset my test recipients and administrator recipients to Normal users, also the Remark, which should have been Opt-In-By-Admin is now, opt-in-by-user.

Also, it set the Date and Remark to today's date:

Type: Normal
Feb 14, 2008 9:39:31 AM
asai

Post by asai »

Ok, yet another bug.

With the webservices (in RC1), when I try to do setSubscriberBinding, it returns the number of the customer_id, but it doesn't update the subscriber binding.

Also, to let you guys know where I'm at, I'm trying to move over to 5.4 for production use--although it's still in beta--in order to help you guys move along faster. So, while I was reporting bugs in the webservices for 5.3, I'm trying to focus now more on 5.4.
asai

Post by asai »

Found another one.

The redirects on the links in the emails aren't working. So for example:
http://localhost:8080/r.html?uid=1.2p.1 ... %20Dreamer
isn't redirecting, but instead, stays stuck on a blank page.
asai

Post by asai »

On the export recipients, when I try to export users from a mailing list, and select anything other than ALL, it doesn't return the right numbers. For example, I have a list which I know has had plenty of bounces and plenty of unsubscribes, but when I select "Bounced", it returns 0 users for export, also, when I select "Opt-Out-By-Recipient", it returns 0 users for export.
asai

Post by asai »

One thing I'd like to suggest, is to simplify the installer script. For instance, having to download the OpenEMM.5.4.0.bin.tar.gz and rename it to OpenEMM-BIN-latest (by the way, I think there's a problem there, because in the instructions it says "rename it to 'OpenEMM-bin-latest.tgz'" but the installer script looks for OpenEMM-BIN-latest.tgz) is a bit of a chore. There was some confusion about the Sendmail scripts, as I was re-installing 5.4 from the script rather than manual, so I had to yum remove then yum install sendmail, also, the MySQL section should automatically update the MySQL db rather than having to do it manually.

My two cents...
maschoff
Site Admin

problem to reproduce

Post by maschoff »

I could not reproduce the problem with the admin and test recipients reset to normal recipients neither opt-in by admin reset to opt-in by user.

Could you please specify what version you used before migrating and how you migrated the database to 5.4 RC1? Thank you!
OpenEMM Maintainer
maschoff
Site Admin

trackable links

Post by maschoff »

re trackable links: This seems to be an old nasty bug which came back again (see http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=848488) which only surfaces in preview and fullview when the target domain and the redirect domain are identical. External links and all links in sent mails work fine in my tests.
OpenEMM Maintainer
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

I can not reproduce the export problem right now. Maybe it is related to the type of recipient / type of opt-in problem above.

Do you have a chance to check the database with phpMyAdmin or a comparable tool to see if the data in the database is correct?
OpenEMM Maintainer
maschoff
Site Admin

bug fix

Post by maschoff »

OpenEMM Maintainer
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

re setSubscriberBinding: Did you apply the first patch (1 file) or both (6 files). Only the first would be right for 5.4

See bugtracker:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=848488
OpenEMM Maintainer
asai

Post by asai »

Thanks for all you're doing, Martin.

Unfortunately I had to go back to 5.3.2 which is what I was using before I moved to 5.4, things were just too unstable. However, I don't think it's all an OpenEMM issue, I'm beginning to think that my database has been corrupted somehow, probably through a PHP module I made which adds names directly into the OpenEMM DB, without the use of forms. That's why I'm so keen on using the WebServices.

Can you recommend the best way to rebuild the database? I'm sure I could be of better service to you if I could start with a clean DB. I think this database problem applies to several of the issues I described in previous posts.

Regarding the Webservices issue, I didn't realize that the patch was also for 5.4, so , no, I didn't replace it.
maschoff
Site Admin

rebuilding database

Post by maschoff »

To set up a clean database use file openemm.sql of the appropriate OpenEMM version. But clean means "empty" - you probably want to transfer your existing data to the new database.

Well, I do not know any other way than to export the recipients from the old database and import them into the new database and rebuild things like templates, target groups, actions and forms manually.

Don't you have a backup you can use? ;-)

We plan to release RC2 next Tuesday and I will migrate the OpenEMM of the openemm.org website. If the problems you encountered will surface again, we will address them. Unfortunately, that is all I can do right now!
OpenEMM Maintainer
asai

Post by asai »

Ok, thanks.

I'll do that, one question I have about exporting the recipients is (I know this is getting a little off topic) does exporting the recipients keep track of who's currently subscribed and unsubscribed? Or do I have to export just the active users? I do have backups of the database, but I think they're all the same corrupted db. Hopefully once I get this fixed, I can focus more on testing.
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Check the appropriate mailing list (if you use more than one) to get the subscriber status (1 = active, 2 = bounced, 3 = Opt-out by admin, 4 = Opt-out by user) + timestamp in the csv file.

You can also export the 4 status types (active, bounced, opt-out by admin, opt-out by recipient) separately (see step 2, upper right dropdown box).

Just play around a little bit with the settings in step 2 to get the best result for your special situation.
OpenEMM Maintainer