Multiple issues.

Use this forum for questions regarding adoption and functionality of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

Unicol

Multiple issues.

Post by Unicol »

Hello,

I am new to the software but I have been following the guide to the letter, but keep running into some issues which are troublesome so I hope you can help me fix them,

First I found an issue with the "unsubscribe" link. When clicked it doesn't do anything and the code for it is;

Code: Select all

http://remote.unicol.de:8080/form.do?agnCI=1&agnFN=de_unsubscribe&agnUID=##AGNUID##

How do I make it so people CAN unsubscribe from the e-mails?

My other issue I found was I made a test mailing then sent it through a set of test e-mails (but as a "proper" mail). Since then it has refused to allow me to change the template I had. Does this mean the template will not allow me to change it now it's been mailed or is there a way to edit it again? I set it to send only one set so I have no clue why it's not working.

I also wanted to make my links trackable but found (like with the unsubscribe link) it leads only to an error. How do I make it so it'll go to the destination I WANT it to go to and still track the link? I haven't seen anything via the help guide to give any solutions to this.

I am using the web based version of OpenEMM 2013 if that helps diagnose the issues.
Unicol

Re: Multiple issues.

Post by Unicol »

Another issue I have is when importing contacts from Outlook.

I have exported it as a windows CSV file but when I upload it onto the site (with a matching profile) it fails to read it and gives me error messages and makes me have to check each contact for errors. Luckily I did this with 33 contacts as a test but I NEED to get over 3000 contacts imported without these issues. A solution would be really helpful

The error message I get is;

Errors in line structure (2)
Errors in line structure (3)
Errors in line structure (4)
Errors in line structure (9)
Errors in line structure (10)
Errors in line structure (11)
Errors in line structure (13)
Errors in line structure (16)
Errors in line structure (17)
Fatalin

Re: Multiple issues.

Post by Fatalin »

Hello Unicol,

Here are some answers to your questions:

1.) If you "officially" send a mailing in OpenEMM, it is send! It can not be send again. This is an important safety feature, not a bug.
You can copy the mailing (which creates a new mailing) and delete the send "test" mailing.

2.) When you say unsubscribe does not work. What exactly happens, when you click on the link? Is the link not working, or is unsubscribing not working?

BR
Markus
Günstige Software gibt es bei http://www.Software-Butler.de