Problem importing CSV recipients

Use this forum for questions regarding adoption and functionality of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

eph

Problem importing CSV recipients

Post by eph »

Hi,

I've got problem importing CSV with recipients - A general error occurred. Please check your input.

Error in log:
Hibernate: insert into datasource_description_tbl (company_id, sourcegroup_id, description, creation_date) values (?, ?, ?, ?)
Hibernate: select datasource_.change_date as change5_15_ from datasource_description_tbl datasource_ where datasource_.datasource_id=?
2012-09-29 20:53:56,378: WARN [pool-1-thread-9] org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorResources - Overriding default FormSet definition.

Any ideas where the problem could be? Using version 2011 with all bugfixes.

Cheers
maschoff
Site Admin

Re: Problem importing CSV recipients

Post by maschoff »

We need an import file example to be able to reproduce this problem.
OpenEMM Maintainer
eph

Post by eph »

Hi Maschoff,

I was able to narrow the problem down a little bit. It seems to be one line - there are 2 records with same name just different email. At first I thought that it might be caused by space in the email field (at the end) but removing it didn't help. Then I thought that maybe the problem was in duplicate record (name,surname). But removing the second record didn't help only removing the first one helped (unless it's got something to do with the existing data in DB, I'm doing recipient update). Otherwise can't see anything wrong with either of the records.

I can PM you the csv, can't post it as it contains personal details.

CHeers
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Ok, please do.
OpenEMM Maintainer
eph

Post by eph »

Hi maschoff,

Any update on this?

Cheers
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Im am still waiting for your import profile settings, custom fields settings and mappings.
OpenEMM Maintainer
eph

Post by eph »

Argh, I did send you a few PMs but now when I checked the last and most important one was sent back to me ("PostReply" apparently isn't as smart as I'd expect). Hopefully now I've sent it to you correctly.
Thanks
kenmax

Post by kenmax »

Hi everyone,
I have the same problem, I just tried with a test with 1 email (xxx@xxxxx.com) in csv, the csv just has 2 lines, which is:
"email";"remark"
"xxx@xxxxx.com";"member-abc"

Error and Log is as follows. The strangest thing is that when I import another 50+ emails it looks good and no errors at all! Attached please find the import profile settings, custom fields settings and mappings. Thanks in advance!

Hibernate: insert into datasource_description_tbl (company_id, sourcegroup_id, description, creation_date) values (?, ?, ?, ?)
Hibernate: select datasource_.change_date as change5_15_ from datasource_description_tbl datasource_ where datasource_.datasource_id=?
2012-10-12 16:04:04,472: WARN [pool-1-thread-10] org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorResources - Overriding default FormSet definition.
2012-10-12 16:04:04,480: ERROR [pool-1-thread-10] org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction - Unhandled exception thrown during validation: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.commons.validator.GenericValidator.maxLength(GenericValidator.java:276)
at org.agnitas.service.csv.validator.FieldsValidator.checkRange(FieldsValidator.java:196)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor2617.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction.executeValidationMethod(ValidatorAction.java:544)
at org.apache.commons.validator.Field.validateForRule(Field.java:796)
at org.apache.commons.validator.Field.validate(Field.java:876)
at org.apache.commons.validator.Form.validate(Form.java:288)
at org.apache.commons.validator.Validator.validate(Validator.java:351)
at org.agnitas.service.impl.NewImportWizardServiceImpl.doBeansValidate(NewImportWizardServiceImpl.java:449)
at org.agnitas.service.impl.NewImportWizardServiceImpl.doValidate(NewImportWizardServiceImpl.java:235)
at org.agnitas.service.impl.NewImportWizardServiceImpl.doParse(NewImportWizardServiceImpl.java:222)
at org.agnitas.service.ImportRecipientsProcessWorker.call(ImportRecipientsProcessWorker.java:44)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:98)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:206)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Hibernate: select company0_.company_id as company1_1_, company0_.creator_company_id as creator2_1_, company0_.shortname as shortname1_, company0_.description as descript4_1_, company0_.xor_key as xor5_1_, company0_.rdir_domain as rdir6_1_, company0_.mailloop_domain as mailloop7_1_, company0_.status as status1_, company0_.mailtracking as mailtrac9_1_, company0_.max_login_fails as max10_1_, company0_.login_block_time as login11_1_, company0_.uid_version as uid12_1_ from company_tbl company0_ where company0_.company_id=?
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

This part of the exception

Code: Select all

at org.apache.commons.validator.GenericValidator.maxLength(GenericValidator.java:276)
at org.agnitas.service.csv.validator.FieldsValidator.checkRange(FieldsValidator.java:196)
seems to indicate that the value for a field and the format of the field (type/length) do not match.
OpenEMM Maintainer
kenmax

Post by kenmax »

Thanks Maschoff!
Do you mean either "xxx@xxxxx.com" or "member-abc" has something wrong? How should I modify the following csv? (It has only one entry)
"email";"remark"
"xxx@xxxxx.com";"member-abc"
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

You should check the settings for your custom profile field "remark".
OpenEMM Maintainer
kenmax

Post by kenmax »

Thanks for your reply.
Here is the details of custom profile field "remark".
name: lp_focus
Type: Alphanumerical
Length: 100
Default value:
Null-value allowed: Yes
But the strangest thing is that I tried to import like 50 other entries with "email" and "remark", none of them has problem but this one.
Is it a bug? Should I try to install OpenEMM 2012 Beta and try again?
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

The settings seem to be ok. Could you provide me with a data record that causes the problem so that we can reproduce and fix it?
OpenEMM Maintainer