use of target groups

Use this forum for questions regarding adoption and functionality of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

NETIM

use of target groups

Post by NETIM »

Hi,

I need some informations concerning the use of target groups.
I have performed several tests but it is not clear into my mind. I am using OpenEMM 2011

I have added a custom field to my recipients called "lang" so that I can record their language (FR or EN)
I have created two target groups, one where lang=EN (A) and one where lang=FR (B)
I have a mailing list (L) that includes all recipients (both FR and EN)

Now I would like to send a mailing to L but only to target group A. So I have defined this target group onto the mailing and defined a content to it.
First remark, it is mandatory to define a content to "All subscribers" otherwise an error is thrown....
When I send the mailing, recipients from group A receive their message and the corresponding content (that's OK) however all recipients from group B receive the default content
This is not what I want and doesn't coincide why what I have understood into the user manual section 3.2.1.3
I want to send the mailing only to the target groups not to all recipients !

Please confirm me the following cases:
1) When a mailing is sent to a mailing list, in any case, ALL its recipients receive an email
2) When a mailing is sent to a mailing list where target groups are defined, in any case, a content must be defined for "All subscibers"
3) Finally, a target group doesn't limit the mailing to its recipients but allows to define different contents

Thanks for your feedbacks
Fatalin

Re: use of target groups

Post by Fatalin »

You have to do the target group setting on the first page of the new mailing dialogue.
Günstige Software gibt es bei http://www.Software-Butler.de