Many lines of Velocity init: null

Use this forum to report bugs and to check for bugfixes and new releases of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

jlesaux

Many lines of Velocity init: null

Post by jlesaux »

Hi,

I'm using openemm since many days and i can't find in the forum or the documention or on the net the cause and the solution to remove this error message :

Code: Select all

org.agnitas.beans.impl.UserFormImpl - Velocity init: null java.lang.NullPointerException
This message appears each 2-3 minutes since few days.

Velocity is maybe linked to the template system ?
Is somebody can give me a link or help to solve this error ?

I have another error due to looking for current version of the openemm version's check, can i deactivate this functionality ? (a normal error because the server do not have the net access)

Best regards,

--
JLS
Last edited by jlesaux on Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maschoff
Site Admin

Re: Many line of Velocity init: null

Post by maschoff »

You use Velocity commands (code starting with #) in one of your EMM forms with an element which does not point to a value.
OpenEMM Maintainer
jlesaux

Post by jlesaux »

Hi,

Ok thanks a lot for your help. I will track this element which does not point to a value :)

Best regards,
jlesaux

Post by jlesaux »

Hi,

After verification, all forms have been created via the web admin gui, nothing was "coded" by hands.
Can you indicate me the generic path (and / or extension name) of the EMM forms ? or other things what can help me to investigate ?
I've check velocity.log, i didn't find anything what can help me on this subject.

Best regards,
jlesaux

Re: Many lines of Velocity init: null

Post by jlesaux »

Hi,

Is there someone who can help me ? a little ? :)
Or indicate me a documentation ?
Do you need more informations to help me ?

Best regards,
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Doc is located here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/openem ... rsions%29/

(Script Actions Documentation)
OpenEMM Maintainer
jlesaux

Post by jlesaux »

Hi,

Ok thanks for the link, i already check this documentation, but we didn't make script action, we only do things via the admin gui, nothing is coded / scripted.
Maybe the admin gui create this script for us ? if yes, do you now what is the file extension of script action or a generic path where i can find those files ? I try to search for it but find nothing (VTL extension not found)
I've search in all path of the openemm installation to find file which contains keywords like "ScriptHelper.new" or "MailingDao.get", i found some in the manuals path.

Before asking you help me I really search to find out this problem but actually i'm lost and do not have others ideas to remove this error message.

Best regards
jlesaux

Post by jlesaux »

Hi,

Sorry to ask again but is there a way for me to investigate more (and where) and remove those error message ?

Best regards,