Where to change default value for step and blocksize

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

sylvain

Where to change default value for step and blocksize

Post by sylvain »

Hi,

Thanks for this great product, i'm finishing the configuration but i cannot find a way to force step/blocksize value.

I have a restricted user which i'd like to have minimum function (just recipient management and sending mails).

The thing is that i don't find where to force the step/blocksize. I tried to change the "mailgun.ini.blocksize" value in "emm.properties" but even after a restart it did not seem to apply... at least the interface still shows 1000 as blocksize.

Many thanks for your help

sylvain
maschoff
Site Admin

Re: Where to change default value for step and blocksize

Post by maschoff »

You can set values for stepping and blocksize on tab "Send Mailing" if permission "Show parameters for throttling of delivery speed" is set for your user.
OpenEMM Maintainer
sylvain

Post by sylvain »

Hi and thanks for the reply

Indeed, i do use this tab for now. But i need to delegate to non expert user and i'd prefer them not to have the chance to play with such values and ban my domain for spamming.

How can i set this for the whole application? is it a DB value or file parameter?

thanks
sylvain

Post by sylvain »

i'm sure others may be interested, so i'll post what i found so far:
my configuration uses an internal MTA

1. emm.properties holds the line mailgun.ini.blocksize property. Default is 1000 if i remember well, i change it to 200 restart openemm. the tab "send mailing" still shows 1000 per default, i don't konw if the change wasn't not taken into account or if it's just a display value. Nothing about interval here

2. i'm almost sure it is not in the DB since i checked a few tables in case of

3. semu.py has a "def delay (self)" section that put to sleep some execution code. not sure yet but that might help to hard code steping?

as a quick sum up.... spent a few hours and i did not find a way to hard code a blocksize of 200 and a step of 30

anybody out there please?
sylvain

Post by sylvain »

up please

still looking how to hardcode blocksize and stepping. User should not have control over this field