FCK replacement by CK

Use this forum for all questions related to the source code of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

posbis

FCK replacement by CK

Post by posbis »

Hi, happy new year to everybody

I am very curious about the upcoming release of OpenEMM 2013. THere seems to be a lot of work done. Great job !

But I must say, I am a little bit disappointed that FCK Editor replacement has been postponed to OpenEMM 2014. The current editor really is not a highlight as I already outlined in a forum post. It is not rezisable and has lots of nasty bugs with IE9. I think replacing it with another one would be a "more or less simple task" (I know the OpenEMM Tags Menu must be reimplemented).

If OpenEMM 2014 really appears in 2014 then this is a long and painful year to work with current editor. I would really appreciate it if that task could be given priority over "cosmetic" improvments such as heatmap adjustments. I know for some people heatmap is important to get their stats but the primary goal should be a smooth and working system.

BTW, you should have a look at the Aloha Editor as well. This is the rising star in der HTML 5 WYSIWYG editors. Its features are very, very impressive and implementation is very easy. Worth looking at it.

http://aloha-editor.org

Regards,
Oliver
maschoff
Site Admin

Re: FCK replacement by CK

Post by maschoff »

We are working on CK editor integration right now and we may publish a 2013 R2 version later this year - depending on general workload.
OpenEMM Maintainer