Eclipse project file

Use this forum for all questions related to the source code of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

Anton

Eclipse project file

Post by Anton »

Hi,
Does anyone have a working project setup file they could share? I haven't done much j2ee and back when I was given the .metadata directory so never really got that familiar with the mechanisms. Either for 2011 or 2012m3 - I just need to see how things are set up for a working debug config.
Thanks
maschoff
Site Admin

Re: Eclipse project file

Post by maschoff »

OpenEMM's code design guide explains in section 2.1 how to set up the source code as eclipse project.
OpenEMM Maintainer
Anton

Post by Anton »

Thanks. If I follow those instructions then I get "compilation" problems (there appear to be some jsps missing, like footer.jsp). I initially tried with a "non-supported" configuration (openjdk, etc.) but have since reverted to trying with Tomcat 6.0.35 and Sun's JDK 6 (on Ubuntu 12.04). I am assuming that the Eclipse version is irrelevant and am using the latest (Juno). With the supported config I can get the Tomcat instance to start (missing jsps don't stop that), though I'm not pointing to the right things with the config as I just get 404s when I try to navigate.
Maybe I should create the openemm user and mirror the installation instructions in terms of homedir as for a production installation? I have successfully installed a production/binaries version on a different machine, and there appear to be certain values in the config files that require /home/openemm in the supplied files in the source archive.
Again, I'm not saying their is anything wrong with the instructions - just that there are a few holes that I, as a relative beginner with Tomcat and Eclipse J2EE, am not able to fill by myself (I have done many years of C#/.net but not very much java/j2ee). An example .metadata setup would permit me to understand getting from A (source archive) to B (running a debug session).
Thanks for your time.
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Which version of OpenEMM do you try to compile? How do you compile OpenEMM? What is the exact error message?
OpenEMM Maintainer
Anton

Post by Anton »

When I said "compilation", I probably should have said "validation" - but for example:
<%@include file="/footer.jsp"%>
Gives : file not found. This is present for 2011 and 2012m3 in lots of files. I couldn't find a footer.jsp anywhere, but that of course could be dealt with via request handlers. If so, is there some way to tell eclipse about this?
There is also:
tmpClickedUrls = aForm.getClickedUrls(); in stats-mailing-stat.jsp
But again, this is probably because I don't have the project set up properly. It would be nice to be sure by having a project .metadata to test with :-)
Thanks.
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

The validation is correct, but since the JSP is not used, it does not matter. Expression "tmpClickedUrls = aForm.getClickedUrls();" is from a JSP, which is not used, too. Did you try to compile OpenEMM? If so, which error meessage did you get?
OpenEMM Maintainer
Anton

Post by Anton »

The Java code in .java files/packages compiles correctly and .class files are correctly generated. Sorry to have used the word "compilation", as this has obviously caused confusion. There were actual Java file compilation errors when using Tomcat7 and/or JDK7 (both Open and Oracle) but everything compiles correctly with Sun JDK6 and Tomcat 6.
Ctrl-F11 is still not getting me a debuggable site though! The instructions in the Code Design document are simply not explicit enough for me to get a running instance from Eclipse. I realise there are many ways to do this and most people are probably able to do it - I was simply asking whether someone had a project set up they could share.
Thx.
erum

Post by erum »

On a related note, BlacklistWildcardSearchFeature doesn't compile (it's missing a closing brace).
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Hm, did you use the current version of the zip file (file date 2013-06-07)?
OpenEMM Maintainer