sending mail

Use this forum for all other questions regarding OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

marthyi

sending mail

Post by marthyi »

Hi,
I have installed OpenEMM on windows XP and I have a problem with sending of mails. OpenEMM write that 100% of my mails are sent but I don't receive my mails on my mailbox.

What parameter can I configured?

Thanks for your answers...
suppenhuhn

Post by suppenhuhn »

hi,

we have the same problem. everything works fine - but no mails are sent.

i searched a long time, but no results for the windows version - does anybody know what to do ?
suppenhuhn

Post by suppenhuhn »

i found something at the opem emm databas:
Pros for the sendmail emulation:
- You have a closed system without the external dependency for an external package (sendmail.)
- The configuration is reduced to a minimum.
- You can run the whole application without root permission (as long as you ensure that a user may bind to port 25, which is not permitted by default.)

i`m no so keen in rightmamagement ..how do i ensure a user bind to port 25 ?
misterjjones

Post by misterjjones »

Has anyone successfully managed to configure a windows system to send mail? I am facing the same issues and I don't know where to begin with regards to the SMTP solution.
sunilaggarwal

Post by sunilaggarwal »

I am also not able to send mail to any of the recipients. Can anybody suggest what would be the sender email in mailing or I can provide any email id in it.
Martin1987

Post by Martin1987 »

I have the same problem as you. I have the official Guide with DVD (with pre-installed VM with Linux and OpenEMM). So I let OpenEMM on Vista with the VM-Player running. Everything works fine, but not a single mail reaches the recipient!

Meanwhile I have tried many tips from the forum, fully updated Linux, installed the python module again, and much more. But it is really nonsense, because the Linux with OpenEMM is already fully pre-installed and should run without modifications (at least for simple tests).

Every mail will be sent but comes as a hardbounce back with the reason 'unknown address'!

I started a while ago an extra thread (http://www.openemm.org/forums/ftopic1346.html). Until now, it's still not running. If anyone has a solution ... out with it!

Thanks...
jeniffer1

Miscellaneous

Post by jeniffer1 »

Hello marthyi,

have you able to sent mails now or not. During that period of time, there was some problem now I don't think that you should face this issue. If you are still facing the same problem, please let me know in this thread.
christineb1979

Post by christineb1979 »

Hello Jennifer I'm having the same problem i don't know how to solve it could help me, I will sending you a private message. Thanks..
Check my I.T Blog and a Coffee Blog Check the websites for more details. I hope you like it
tuvpnpage

Re: sending mail

Post by tuvpnpage »

Can anybody suggest what would be the sender email in mailing or I can provide any email id in it.
sreyas_in

Post by sreyas_in »

I am facing the same issue as well. It shows mailings sent but actually none of the recipients get the mails. I am sure that the installation of Openemm is done correctly but what could be wrong with the configuration settings? please help me if anyone has found a solution to this problem. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Post by 74725 »

I'm facing the same issue as well!!! Not able to send mails to the recipients . Guys can you pls give us the correct solutions...
Aureliocarver

Post by Aureliocarver »

Whether anybody find the solution for this problem Me too having the same problem
Aureliocarver

Post by Aureliocarver »

tuvpnpage wrote:Can anybody suggest what would be the sender email in mailing or I can provide any email id in it.
??>>