500 Servlet Exception / Cannot create directory

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

martin

500 Servlet Exception / Cannot create directory

Post by martin »

Hello,

I just installed OpenEMM 5.5.1 on SuSE 11. Opening the "8080"-page I see the welcome screen but after clicking on "If you want to log into the OpenEMM application on this server right away, please use this link." I only receive the following error:

500 Servlet Exception
WEB-INF/web.xml:8: java.io.IOException: Cannot create directory: /home/openemm/webapps/core/WEB-INF/sessions

Does anybody have an idea what went wrong?

Thanks
Martin
jsmith

Sounds like permissions

Post by jsmith »

It sounds like a permissions problem to me. I've performed several installations on a CentOS (RedHat) server and haven't experienced that particular error. Did you perform a manual installation?

My /home/openemm/webapps/core/WEB-INF/sessions directory has these permissions:

Code: Select all

drwxrwxr-x 2 openemm openemm  4096 Aug  6 12:38 sessions
What permissions does your sessions directory have?
martin

Re: Sounds like permissions

Post by martin »

jsmith wrote: What permissions does your sessions directory have?
It's hard to find out at that moment because my server is no longer reachable since that error had occured. Even a restart of the virtual server didn't help. I can't even log-in via SSH... My admin panel shows a very high value for dcachesize.

Could it just be that my vServer is to "small" for openEMM?

Thanks
Martin
jsmith

Post by jsmith »

I'm sorry to hear that your sever is unavailable. It's possible that your server isn't "big" enough to handle OpeneEMM (insufficient RAM is the largest issue), but I don't think the problem you saw with OpenEMM is causing your server to be unavailable.

At any rate, I'll gladly help you get OpenEMM up and running once you get to your server again.
martin

Post by martin »

Thank you very much for your help. I will now trying to set up the vServer again and then check the directory permissions before testing...
johndoe333

Re: 500 Servlet Exception / Cannot create directory

Post by johndoe333 »

Hi,

I have the same problem now.
Yesterday, everything worked fine but now, my browser is telling me:

"500 Servlet Exception

WEB-INF/web.xml:253: java.io.IOException: Cannot create directory: /home/openemm/webapps/core/WEB-INF/sessions

Resin-3.0.28 (built Mon, 18 May 2009 02:16:38 PDT)"

I have looked into this directory and sessions does not exist (anymore, but I do not know if it ever has been existed?).
Do you have any hint for me?

Kind regards
johndoe333