Debian Etch, Sendmail 8.13.8 slrtscn.py (maillog parser)

Use this forum to report bugs and to check for bugfixes and new releases of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

BG

Debian Etch, Sendmail 8.13.8 slrtscn.py (maillog parser)

Post by BG »

Hi,

I found that the slrtscn.py did not parse my maillog.
One example line from my maillog:
sendmail[7613]: 1db4Tccec00000001: to=<invalid@address.com>, delay=00:00:43, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=esmtp, pri=0, relay=mail.server.com. [10.10.10.1], dsn=5.1.1, stat=User unknown

There was no regexp match :(
I modified the regexp to this:

Code: Select all

isstat = sre.compile ('sendmail[[0-9]+]: *([0-9A-Za-z]{6}[0-9A-Za-z]{3}[0-9A-F]{7,8}):(.*)$')
and

parser = sre.compile ('^([a-z]{3} +[0-9]+ [0-9]{2}:[0-9]{2}:[0-9]{2}) +([^ ]+) +sendmail[[0-9]+]: *([0-9A-Za-z]{6}[0-9A-Za-z]{3}}[0-9A-F]{7,8}):(.*)$', sre.IGNORECASE)
after it failed in the line which contained:

mailing = int (qid[:6],16)
because the qid (1db4Tccec00000001) contains charecters not only numbers before the 6th position. So I changed it

mailing = int (qid[9:],16)
And it worked.
now I have extbounce.log file with the line:
5.1.1;0;1;0;1;stat=User unknown relay=mail.server.com. [10.10.10.1]

and I have entries in the bounce_tbl in mysql:

+-----------+------------+-------------+--------+------------+---------------------+------+
| bounce_id | company_id | customer_id | detail | mailing_id | change_date         | dsn  |
+-----------+------------+-------------+--------+------------+---------------------+------+
|         1 |          1 |           1 |    511 |          1 | 2008-07-08 15:49:19 |  511 |
but unfortunately I do not have bounces in the Statictics under my mailing.
Do anybody have any idea, how can I fix this?
Thank you
bg
BG

mailing ID

Post by BG »

Hi

is it true that the qid should contain the mailing_id?
Thank you
ud

Post by ud »

The QID contains the mailing-id and the customer-id of the recipient, but only for real mailings. Test- and adminmails are not coded this way to avoid unwanted bounces for test- and adminaddresses. So the original behavior is working by design and is not a bug.

-- ud
BG

qid

Post by BG »

Hi ud,

Thank you for your answer. I'll test it with real mailings. :lol:
I think this behavior causes lot of false bug report because many of us uses test mailing to test opeemm features.
Best regards
bg.
godber

You should only have to change the regular expression ...

Post by godber »

I found that changing the regular expression was appropriate but the suggested change to the mailing definition was incorrect and should be left as:

mailing = int (qid[:6],16)
The change mentioned in the previous post only appears to be correct but will not work when you have more recipients. You will start getting "failed to map company_id" errors in your logs after the number of recipients exceeds the number of mailings.

Also as mentioned above the qid is managed by openemm and looks like:

or

aaaaaabbbbbbbbbbb
where the 'a's are parsed out and are the mailid and the 'b's are parsed out and used as the recipient/customer id.

Austin
Sxandy

Re: Debian Etch, Sendmail 8.13.8 slrtscn.py (maillog parser)

Post by Sxandy »

For next release, I hope there is a search bar for mailing page. When there are tens, hundreds of mailings, it's difficult to locate 1 specific mailing.
Our Actual Exams and testking gre exam provide C_TSCM52_66 marks in Aruba paced test engine to help you pass wikipedia latest resource Harvard University dumps exam by using Lynn University