Scheduler

Use this forum for questions regarding adoption and functionality of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

ewobbuh

Scheduler

Post by ewobbuh »

Hi there,

I have a question concerning the scheduling of sending mailings. In the web-interface you can only send emails daily on a specific time (in hours). In the code in Ruler(Impl) i see there is only a check for the hours in the database. I can try to extend this to have it support any form of scheduling (specific day of month for example) but i was wondering if this is already possible and i'm just overlooking. No need to do something that already is done

Any help would be highly appreciated.
ewobbuh

Post by ewobbuh »

Never mind, i build it myself. Now i can specificly tell when to send a mailing on the minute. Perhaps modify it again a little to check only every fifteen minutes. Any suggestions for optimal performance?
ewobbuh

Post by ewobbuh »

Modified again to only check mailings for every fifteen minutes. Next up, is to be able to send mailing with its own reoccurence. E.g. Mailing a every 10th day of any month, mailing b every 3rd day of the week., mailing c every 25th of december :-)
daminux

So Easy, I Explain It

Post by daminux »

1/ Make a new Date Based emailing.
2/ Select your mailing list recipient.(all recipients 'mailinglist' or other as you wish)

3/ Make a new Target Group with "Current Date" = MMDD(1225) (for use case : merry christmas wishes ;) )

Don't forget to do your email template :)

French humor !

Edit : I tried in version 5.5.1 of OpeneMM