can't install, mysql server problem

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

jmraz15

can't install, mysql server problem

Post by jmraz15 »

when i instal openemm for the first time, i wasn't able to coz some of the requirements(mysql-server, mysql-python and the mailserver-cf). so i install mysql-python and mailserver, i didn't install mysql-server coz i know i already have it coa i have my wordpress blog working.

when i tried to install it again the onli requirement missing is mysql-server. so i reinstall mysql server 5. but it still looking for it. should i install older version of mysql? pls help me fix this... :(

btw, i'm using mandriva linux
lucianosb

Same Trouble

Post by lucianosb »

jmraz15,

I had a similar trouble when installing in Mandriva Linux 2008. I already had a mysql installed and when I tried to install the mysql-server package it would not work.

Seems to be a Mandriva bug. A pity, for I enjoy myself with Mandriva dayly too. Anyway, as I am no expert in MySql and Mandriva issues, i decide to install the OpenEMM in a different server.

I'm using Cent OS 5 now. Everything installed OK. I'm only having trouble with the statistics feature (i think i skipped some step). As for Mandriva, does anyone know the reason for this trouble?

thanks in advance
jmraz15

Post by jmraz15 »

thanks for the info you gave lucianosb.

but i havn't figure out it yet. :(
anyone know how to fix this problem? Mandriva is the os used in the company so I really need to make openEMM work on this machine.