Postfix

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

arne

Postfix

Post by arne »

Hi,
is there a possibility to use postfix instead of sendmail?

Thanks
Arne
TWittmann

Post by TWittmann »

Right now, only Sendmail is supported as MTA.

Anyway, there are intentions to port OpenEMM to other MTAs, like Postfix. See the link http://www.openemm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2

Thomas Wittmann - Agnitas AG
saschas

what about the postfix-wrapper

Post by saschas »

Has anybody in here tried the postfix-wrapper??
Shouldn't this one work??
Most free ISP's use postfix only.
This makes it very hard to install openemm on a server where an ISP already is installed ecxept when one uses a vserver or tries to use webmin/usermin/virtualmin instead including the migration from postfix mailboxes back to sendmail.
Are there any hints how this can be done ecxept waiting for the Openemm-postfix version which, as far as I have heard is more a long distance goal.

greeting from belgium, sascha
Toot

Post by Toot »

Nothing useful there!!!?!
saschas wrote:Has anybody in here tried the postfix-wrapper??
Tell me more...
saschas

Post by saschas »

Toot wrote:
Nothing useful there!!!?!
No, nothing usefull there!! Nothing usefull at all there.
Toot wrote:
saschas wrote:Has anybody in here tried the postfix-wrapper??
Tell me more...
About?? Wrapper-classes??
O.k. postfix has wrapperclasses that make it easy to migrate from sendmail to postfix, which means that postfix does understand sendmail mail sending, BUT I did some codereading of openemm and the problem is not the sending but the configuration part. Wich means, waiting till ..........

Greetings from belgium
maschoff
Site Admin

No Sendmail required

Post by maschoff »

OpenEMM 5.5 will optionally work without Sendmail (like the Windows version).
OpenEMM Maintainer
sunta

Post by sunta »

any update on openemm-postfix?

those forum-threads point to openemm-homepage:(
maschoff
Site Admin

Just released!

Post by maschoff »

OpenEMM 5.5.0 was just released. See http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=168937
OpenEMM Maintainer
DanIscho

does the postfix work yet

Post by DanIscho »

Does OpenEMM 5.5.0 support Postfix? If so, where can I find documentation on configuring OpenEMM with Postfix?

Thanks
maschoff
Site Admin

internal SMTP server

Post by maschoff »

OpenEMM 5.5 uses either Sendmail or its own internal SMTP server. In both cases you have to disable Postfix. Please see the install guide for details.
OpenEMM Maintainer
ralphyke

Re: internal SMTP server

Post by ralphyke »

ma wrote:OpenEMM 5.5 uses either Sendmail or its own internal SMTP server. In both cases you have to disable Postfix. Please see the install guide for details.

Hello

I've set up openemm on a linux server, but we use postfix. I've investigated a lot regarding using postfix working with openemm and the latest things i find is that is can work - but I just don't know the final configuration. I ran the sendmail-disable script hoping that might be the final thing needed, but does openemm know where and how to drop the mails, because we can create a mailing but the mails are said to be sent and I see them in /home/openemm/var/spool/QUEUE/ but they aren't going from there.

Is there a final link somewhere on how to configure this? I'm so close to getting this work and wanted to check with you that it is possible to have the configuration working.

I hope you can help.

Thanks, Ralph
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

OpenEMM works either with Sendmail or with its own internal SMTP server. But both would collide with Postfix. Solution: No Postfix on the OpenEMM server.
OpenEMM Maintainer
ralphyke

Post by ralphyke »

ma wrote:OpenEMM works either with Sendmail or with its own internal SMTP server. But both would collide with Postfix. Solution: No Postfix on the OpenEMM server.

Hello again

I had the mailing of openemm working but since changing some configuration to try and get the bouncing to work, it seems to have stopped mailing. It's now working with maillog instead of mail.log since a reboot but I'm a litte confused by what is mentioned in the installation regarding the doamin name to use. For example the installation mentions:

/etc/hostname
openemm.domain.com

but should I put openemm.domain.com or my domain which is wizzat-holiday-homes.com? And the same goes for /etc/mail/local-host-names, /etc/mail/mailertable and /etc/mail/relay-domains.

I also am not sure about the entry which needs to be in the database in the table company_tbl - should it be emmnews.domain.com:8080 or localhost or the name of my domain?

This is all assuming that my domain name points to my server (which it currently doesn't), but I'm a bit confused why the mailing has stopped working.

Many thanks

Ralph
judgej

Post by judgej »

ma wrote:Solution: No Postfix on the OpenEMM server.
That's no solution. That's a restriction.

I'm in the same boat: I have postfix on the server. Period. That is the environment in which OpenEMM has to work. Is there any way it can be made to work?

-- Jason
maschoff
Site Admin

Re: Postfix

Post by maschoff »

OpenEMM Maintainer