is it possible to run OpnenEMM on port 8081

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

Paul Rocha

is it possible to run OpnenEMM on port 8081

Post by Paul Rocha »

Hi, I have a webserver on port 80, and an other app running on port 8080, is it possible to run OpenEMM on port 8081.

Thanks
harfst

Post by harfst »

That's where mine's running, so the answer is yes.

I didn't do anything special to get it there. I think the install figured out 8080 was in use and used the next available.

~openemm/conf/console.conf has the port number in it. That's the only place in my tree where 8081 appears.

Hope this helps.
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

OpenEMM answers both ports 8080 and 8081. Port 8080 should be used for redirection requests (i.e. trackable links) and port 8081 to access the console (frontend). However, you can also use port 8080 to access the frontend.

But if port 8080 is used by another application you have to run the redirections service on a different port. Please see page 26+27 of the install guide for details.
OpenEMM Maintainer
ybilas

Post by ybilas »

I'm somewhat confused...Say if I want the redirection service to run on port 80, I set up the firewall rule to forward 80->8080. But at the same time I want admin console to remain on port 8081 and be accessible from the internal network only. How do I do that?
Thanks.
TWittmann

Post by TWittmann »

ybilas wrote:I'm somewhat confused...Say if I want the redirection service to run on port 80, I set up the firewall rule to forward 80->8080. But at the same time I want admin console to remain on port 8081 and be accessible from the internal network only. How do I do that?
Thanks.
Well, it depends on your OS or at least on your packet filter app (IPTables, IPChains, IPFW, etc).

You will find a good start here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iptables

If still in trouble, post your OS/Packet Filter app. I am sure, someone can help you on that topic.

Cheers,
-Thomas
The OpenEMM Team
http://openemm.org

Thomas Wittmann
AGNITAS AG, Germany
BG

install guide

Post by BG »

Hi ma,

Could you please post a link to that installation guide which is 26-27 pages long? I found only a 9 pages long on the sourceforge.
Thank you
bg
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

The layout of the install guide was redesigned for release 5.5 to get a more compact guide. However, no information was omitted.
OpenEMM Maintainer
BG

install guide

Post by BG »

Thank you ma!
bg.