OpenEMM send 5000 mail each times!?

Use this forum for questions regarding adoption and functionality of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

chikeung_ho

OpenEMM send 5000 mail each times!?

Post by chikeung_ho »

I examined the sendmail queue log and found that my OpenEMM queue 20000 mail (max) and added 5000 mail until the last 5000 sent or time out. Last time I have 30000 mail. I dropped the relay time period from 5 days to 5 hours.

The queue add 5000 mail each time when the last 5000 mail sent or time out. Can I adjust this number manually!? I think it is important for users to change the size for different situation. In my case, my mail list is exported from my forum, there is much false mail address. I cannot expect how long I can finish if I do not change the relay time period of sendmail.
cveilleux

same problem here

Post by cveilleux »

I am sending a 140k mailing and it takes forever.

Sendmail isn't actually sending anything, just retrying deferred mails.

OpenEMM shoud queue all message to the MTA and let the MTA decide when to deliver.

I don't know if it is possible to change the setting. Will check the source code when I get the time.

How did you reduce the sendmail deferred expiration time to 5 hours? I am not a sendmail guru and I can't find the answer in google.

Regard,

Cedric
chikeung_ho

Post by chikeung_ho »

I have directly edit the sendmail.cf in /etc/mail. Find the string "Timeout.queuereturn", I change the value to 5h ( h - hour, d - day,........). Also change the value of "Timeout.queuewarn" to 5h.

Could anyone reply me any other menthods.
ud

Post by ud »

You can change the number of maximum inserted mails in the sendmail queue by chainging bin/scripts/pickdist.py by changing the method queueIsFree. Be warned that a large queue may slowdown the operation of sendmail.

-- ud