OpenEMM Error Messages and Bounces

Use this forum for all questions related to bounce management of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

sjv

OpenEMM Error Messages and Bounces

Post by sjv »

I am having problems getting bounces to work through bav. When I reply to a mailing, I get the following errors sent back to me:

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
ext_1@bounce.host.ourcompany.com
(reason: Can't create output)
(expanded from: <openemm@host.ourcompany.com>)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
/home/openemm/bin/scripts/is_no_systemmail: /home/openemm/bin/scripts/is_no_systemmail: cannot execute binary file
/home/openemm/bin/scripts/scan_and_unsubscribe: /home/openemm/bin/scripts/scan_and_unsubscribe: cannot execute binary file
550 5.0.0 ext_1@bounce.host.ourcompany.com... Can't create output

I believe this is related to my bav problems. Does anyone have any suggestions?
sjv

Post by sjv »

more clues: I can run procmail from the command line and it works fine with bav.rc. This is all on Fedora 5

I added VERBOSE and now get the following:

procmail: [15278] Sat Sep 15 13:17:33 2007
procmail: Match on ! "(^(Mailing-List:|Precedence:.*(junk|bulk|list)|To: Multiple recipients of |(((Resent-)?(From|Sender)|X-Envelope-From):|>?From )([^>]*[^(.%@a-z0-9])?(Post(ma?(st(e?r)?|n)|office)|(send)?Mail(er)?|daemon|m(mdf|ajordomo)|n?uucp|LIST(SERV|proc)|NETSERV|o(wner|ps)|r(e(quest|sponse)|oot)|b(ounce|bs\.smtp)|echo|mirror|s(erv(ices?|er)|mtp(error)?|ystem)|A(dmin(istrator)?|MMGR|utoanswer))(([^).!:a-z0-9][-_a-z0-9]*)?[%@> ][^<)]*(\(.*\).*)?)?$([^>]|$)))"
procmail: Match on ! "(^(((Resent-)?(From|Sender)|X-Envelope-From):|>?From )([^>]*[^(.%@a-z0-9])?(Post(ma(st(er)?|n)|office)|(send)?Mail(er)?|daemon|mmdf|n?uucp|ops|r(esponse|oot)|(bbs\.)?smtp(error)?|s(erv(ices?|er)|ystem)|A(dmin(istrator)?|MMGR))(([^).!:a-z0-9][-_a-z0-9]*)?[%@> ][^<)]*(\(.*\).*)?)?$([^>]|$))"
procmail: Executing "/home/openemm/bin/scripts/is_no_systemmail"
/home/openemm/bin/scripts/is_no_systemmail: /home/openemm/bin/scripts/is_no_systemmail: cannot execute binary file
procmail: Non-zero exitcode (126) from "/home/openemm/bin/scripts/is_no_systemmail"
procmail: No match on "/home/openemm/bin/scripts/is_no_systemmail"
procmail: Executing "/home/openemm/bin/scripts/scan_and_unsubscribe"
/home/openemm/bin/scripts/scan_and_unsubscribe: /home/openemm/bin/scripts/scan_and_unsubscribe: cannot execute binary file
procmail: Non-zero exitcode (126) from "/home/openemm/bin/scripts/scan_and_unsubscribe"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/home/openemm/bin/scripts/scan_and_unsubscribe"

Does anyone have the bav filter working on Fedora?
sjv

Post by sjv »

Finally found the problem. The default for Fedora configures the SELinux policy for procmail so that it will not run the bav scripts as setup in the OpenEMM RPM package. You must disable SELinux or change the policy for procmail.
maschoff
Site Admin

SELinux

Post by maschoff »

Thanks for the feedback! Did you disable SELinux or do you have changed the policy? If so, could you be so kind to post the policy (and probably save other Fedora users hours of work fiddling with the SELinux rules)?
OpenEMM Maintainer