action based mailing not added

Use this forum for questions regarding adoption and functionality of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

jimbo761

action based mailing not added

Post by jimbo761 »

We just started using openemm recently and have come across a frustrating problem.
When following the user guide to setup a single double opt-in mailing, the field on the double opt-in send email action is not populating with the action based mailing that was created.
We are using OpenEMM v5.1.1

Steps to reproduce this:
1. fresh installation of v5.1.1 on RedHat EL4
2. Follow user guid procedure to create a double opt-in list.
3. Problem appears while doing step #2 on page 189, part of chapter 11.2.4.2
4. Problem is two fold, first is a discrepency in the manual. The manual states to select "Send Mailing" as the action but there is no "Send Mailing", just "Send actionbased Mailing" (that is exactly as it is spelled, the capitalization doesnt seem right). When "Send actionbased Mailing" is selected and added, the list of mailings available to use is empty. This implies there are no action based mailings setup. Unfortunatly, there is an action based mailing setup, exactly as specified on page 187, chapter 11.2.4.1 "Creating an action-based mailing". The mailing is activated.

Has anyone else has this problem before?
Any ideas on how to fix it or work around it?
Thank you all for your help
Jim

This may seem a little anal retentive, but can we get the manual and software to jive a little more? What i mean is in the above explanation, i used three different version of action based mailing. To me, they are 3 different things but they are quite obviously the same thing.
Is there any reason to call it actionbased mailing on one page, action-based mailing on another page, and action based mailing on another?
maschoff
Site Admin

activate mailing first

Post by maschoff »

As soon as you activate the actionbased/action-based/action based mailing in tab "send mailing" it is available for the action listbox to select.
OpenEMM Maintainer
jimbo761

Post by jimbo761 »

I tried it again and it worked as advertised. :lol:
Thanks
Jim