Another Bounce question

Use this forum for all questions related to bounce management of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

PSlator

Another Bounce question

Post by PSlator »

Hi guys, looking forward to a little help here. I've set up a new Centos 5 system, runing MySQL 4.1.20, and OpenEMM 5.1.

I've sent a mailing to a few non-existent addresses.

The maillog shows that it was unable to send the message, and gives a stat=Service unavailable

From what I can work out, OpenEMM should still recognise this as a bounce, though not via bav.rc, as it wasn't received as a ndr, but it's not showing in the statistics. Can anybody help?
ud

Post by ud »

Two points here:

- If you have sent the mailing as admin- or testmailing then bounces during sending are not recognized.

- The message "stat=Service unavailable" is really unspecific, it is not safe to assume that this is always a hard bounce (a stat "User unknown"/"Host unknown" is a clear bounce). To prevent unsubscribing such recipients by accident these bounces are recorded instead as soft bounces.

-- ud
eleassarathelas

Post by eleassarathelas »

I have he himself problem, also I have watched log in /var/log/mail.info to see the exits of emails, also she gives the message me of well-known for certain whatever of mail that do not exist, has not changed parameters in /etc/resolv.conf and in /etc/mail/local-host-names without results to my something seems to me quee s that it has to do with the DNS so that in princio when realize the installation everything worked nevertheless of wonders, after modifying the platform so that it could contain multiple dominions of users I let work, if you discover something favor hasmelo to know

atte.
Peter Santis
Santiago of Chile
eleassarathelas@hotmail.com messenger

Pro