Forms keep returning Error messages

Use this forum for questions regarding adoption and functionality of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

asai

Forms keep returning Error messages

Post by asai »

Hi all,

I'm trying to get my forms to work, but when I enter the data in the form Success field, for example:

<form name="subform" method="post" action="http://mydomain.net:8080/form.do" >
<input type="hidden" name="agnCI" value="1">
<input type="hidden" name="agnFN" value="subscribe">
<input type="hidden" name="agnSUBSCRIBE" value="1">
<input type="hidden" name="agnMAILINGLIST" value="1">

<table border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1">

<tr><td>Gender:</td><td><input type="radio" name="gender" value="0" checked /> Mr. <input type="radio" name="GENDER" value="1" /> Mrs. </td></tr>
<tr><td>First Name:</td><td><input type="text" class="inputtype" name="firstname" maxlength="60" /></td></tr>
<tr><td>Last Name:&nbsp;</td><td><input type="text" class="inputtype" name="lastname" maxlength="60" /></td></tr>
<tr><td>Company:</td><td><input type="text" class="inputtype" name="company" maxlength="80" /></td></tr>
<tr><td>Country:</td><td><input type="text" class="inputtype" name="country" maxlength="80" /></td></tr>
<tr><td>E-Mail:</td><td><input type="text" class="inputtype" name="EMAIL" maxlength="80" /></td></tr>
<tr><td>E-Mail Type:</td><td><input type="radio" name="mailtype" value="0" /> Text</td></tr>
<tr><td>&nbsp;</td><td><input type="radio" name="mailtype" value="1" checked /> HTML</td></tr>
<tr><td>&nbsp;</td><td><input type="radio" name="mailtype" value="2" /> Inline HTML*</td></tr>
<tr><td>&nbsp;</td><td><input type="submit" class="inputsubmit" name="submit" value="Subscribe now!" /></td></tr>
</table></form>

(This code is straight from the openemm website with the domain name changed)

When I call up this form I get the error field. No matter what code I put in there, I still get the error field message. I put nothing in there, and I still get an error message...

Help!
asai

Post by asai »

Ok, I'm starting to grasp this. But I think part of my difficulty is that the docs are offering some misleading information. When I look at the screenshots, they are somewhat different from what the documentation says...perhaps the admins could scour the docs for inconsistencies.

I don't say this by way of criticism, but just as a friendly suggestion to make OpenEMM a better product.
maschoff
Site Admin

docs

Post by maschoff »

When in doubt text is more relevant than screenshot content. Could you please list the misleading screenshots so that we can replace them?

Thank you!
OpenEMM Maintainer
asai

Post by asai »

Specifically in this case it's Fig. 11.9 which shows outdated data. Specifically it was the action drop down box which shows an action which threw me off.

I'm not sure about others, but I think 11.4 still shows "$customerData.FIRSTNAME" rather than "$customerData.firstname", and there may be others.

Hope this helps.