OpenEMM 5.0.3 on Debian Etch

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

ffdm-sb

OpenEMM 5.0.3 on Debian Etch

Post by ffdm-sb »

Hi,

I installed the latest version of OpenEMM with Debian Etch and generated my own MySQL user account with the user name openemm and the password openemm in order to be able to access the database. My attention was attracted by the fact that the wiki article does not state where one can enter the MySQL login details. When I call the OpenEMM installation under the URL http://openemm.domain.tld:8081 then I receive the following error message:

Code: Select all

Ein Fehler ist aufgetreten

Ursache:

org.springframework.jdbc.UncategorizedSQLException: Hibernate operation: Cannot open connection; uncategorized SQLException for SQL [???]; SQL state [null];
error code [0]; Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user 'agnitas'@'v71335' (using password: YES)); nested exception is org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException:
Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user 'agnitas'@'v71335' (using password: YES))
Presumably, this has to do with the not or wrongly provided MySQL login details. I was not able to find a hint in the forum or the FAQ.
Thanks in advance for your tips.
Simon
trax

Post by trax »

Perhaps, you have to fix the access rights in mysql.

agnitas should have the right to access the mysql-db from every host (%)
ffdm-sb

Post by ffdm-sb »

Hi Trax,
vielen Dank für deine Antwort. Wie muss die Datenbank und das Kennwort für den Benutzer agnitas lauten? Warum kann ich diese Einstellungen nicht selbst konfigurieren? Ich finde es nicht gerade benutzerfreundlich, wenn mir OpenEMM Benutzername, Datenbankname und Kennwort vorschreibt. Diese Angaben sind auch nicht im Wiki zu finden.
Danke im Voraus für weitere Unterstützung.
VG Simon
ar

Post by ar »

Hallo ffdm-sb,

die Datenbankeinstellungen sind in einmal in webapps/openemm/htdocs/WEB-INF/classes/emm.properties für das Frontend und einmal in lib/openemm/Mailgun.ini für das Backend zu ändern.
ffdm-sb

Post by ffdm-sb »

Hallo ar,

vielen Dank für diese schnelle und hilfreiche Antwort. Das sollte man IMHO in den Wiki-Artikel aufnehmen.

Kann man OpenEMM auch den Speicherort für das Mail-Logfile mitteilen? Im Wiki steht, dass man in der Datei /etc/syslog.conf die Datei /var/log/maillog eintragen soll. Standardmäßig wird hier aber die Datei /var/log/mail.log verwendet, was ich ungern "nur wegen OpenEMM" ändern würde.

Reicht es aus, wenn ich hierfür die Datei bin/scripts/slrtscn.py anpasse?

Vielen Dank im Voraus für weitere Unterstützung.

VG Simon