Let's talk Integration instead of Extensions

Use this forum for topics related to OpenEMM contributions like the Typo3 extension or SugarCRM connector

Moderator: moderator

emailix

Let's talk Integration instead of Extensions

Post by emailix »

I'm a new "fan" of OpenEMM.

Unfortunately it imho is at best subpar.

I don't say this to diminsh anybody's effort.

It's just that it has a lot of bugs (even the demo throws errors at me) and imho some critical things for a state -of-the-art Email Marketing app seem to be completely lacking.

Like for instqance an easy installation stack or routine (s. also
http://www.openemm.org/forums/ftopic1490.html).

Or the the integration with mayor (OpenSource) CMS, CRM or ERP systems?

The only attempt i can see so for is SugarCRM and Typo.
And teh SugarCRM-"extension"is not working with the newest Sugarr Community release

Perhaps these issues aren't thought of?

Or perhaps there are not enough resources / people to take care of?

Or perhaps it is a smart move of Agnitas to "limit" OpenEmm and make people purchase their commercial Email apps?
lord_alan

Post by lord_alan »

OpenEMM has a published and open API for anyone to use to integrate with other applications. It also uses a very well known database.

Due to the very nature of what OpenEMM does and how fully featured it is, I can see why there not many extensions or integration apps for it. But all the docs are available for you to use.

Or of course, you can also *pay* someone to write one for you if you want ;-)
The Way Out Is Open.
arjelou06

Post by arjelou06 »

Hello, I am also a fan of OpenEMM and I am glad to see you around here in this forum. OpenEMM offers already more than 95% of the functionality of most commercial products. Some of it features commercial products do not person which have a problem with OpenEMM.