OpenEMM design

Use this forum for all questions related to the source code of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

toneill

OpenEMM design

Post by toneill »

Hi, I'd like to change the interface a bit - not a lot, but combine some 'help' elements which appear on mouse over, ive colour scheme options, and so on - just mess around really and maybe make some elements a bit more friendly (although I have to say I think it is a brilliantly done project, well done!).
For my sins I'm a Windows (and Mac) user so have little experience with Linux - I'm running the VM Player version.
If my OpenEmm is 192.168.0.4, then how do I use Macromedia on a Windows machine to try and do some of these things? Happy to post all working mods I do wherever anyone wants if I get anywhere!
Also, on a slightly seperate note, I'm a bit confused about getting it to pretend to be on port 80 instead of 8080 - is that simply the SQL redirect?

Thanks all, love the work!
jim_frey

Post by jim_frey »

Honestly I'm pretty new to this application so I haven't edited any souce code yet. It appears most of the interface is written in python, so if you wanted to edit the interface you'll probably have to brush up on some python code. --- I've never tried to edit python in Dreamweaver, but I think you may be setting yourself up for a mess... I'd suggest installing SuSE on your local and trying Kate or vi :wink:

To use port 80 for OpenEMM you set iptables to redirect port 8080 to port 80. The SQL you may be asking about has to do with changing the address used for the tracking links in the mailings. -- You'll probably want to set up the iptables redirect before you change the SQL for the tracking links. If you set up the iptables port redirect properly, you'll be able to send out a mailing without any problems just as long as you don't try tracking anything in the mailings like open rates or click throughs. Once you get the iptables set up and working, you just make a quick SQL edit to set up the tracking link location to the right port.
maschoff
Site Admin

interface changes

Post by maschoff »

The frontend is created by JSP files and a CSS file. Please feel free to change the HTML with any tool you like (how about some AJAX features?) but please do not touch the Java code. You have to download the source code files first, of course.
OpenEMM Maintainer