sending process source files

Use this forum for all questions related to the source code of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

sfantul

sending process source files

Post by sfantul »

could u please tell me how the the mails are send and which source files do that
And what is the difference between the test mails and world mails
ud

Post by ud »

The sending process is sendmail, source code can be found using your package management system as found in your distribution or directly from http://www.sendmail.org/.

Test mailings are used to check if the mailling is correct (can be send more than once); world mailings can only be send once and is directed to all receivers of the mailing.

-- ud
sfantul

Post by sfantul »

Thx for the fast answer but i think i was'n clear enought.
My question was from the programmer point of view not user.
I wanted to know something like:
Sending world mail procedure
- on a send mail click the mailGeneration method found in ***.java generates 3 files in the META diurectory
- pickdist.py fetches this files creates some objects which are send to xmlback (sorce files xmlback.c and xmlback.h)
- xmlback conects to sendmail
- sendmail sends the mails
I still want a more detailed description if is possible and the difference from world mails to test mails in the sending procedure
ud

Post by ud »

Ok, here is more detailed list:

- When you press the sending button in OpenEMM (for test and world mailings), an instance of org.agnitas.backend.MailgunImpl is started to write a XML file containing all relevant informations to create the mails.

- When sending world mailings, pickdist forwards the XML file to xmlback.

- When sending test mailings, the XML file is directly forwarded by the java process to xmlback.

- xmlback takes the XML file, parses it and writes sendmail spoolfiles directly in the spool directories handled by sendmail (ADMIN for test/admin mailings, QUEUE for world mailings.)

- the permanent running sendmail processes then pick up these spoolfiles and send them.

The sourcecode for the java part can be found in OpenEMM-5.0.1/src/java/*, the xmlback is located under OpenEMM-5.0.1/src/c/xmlback/*.

I hope this brings some light into darkness :D

-- ud