Steps required to extend web services?

Use this forum for all questions related to the source code of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

ylrsi

Steps required to extend web services?

Post by ylrsi »

I realise that this overlaps with a general how-do-I-build-a-Java-Spring-etc-webapp question but it is still specific to OpenEMM and I hope someone will help me.

I'm not from the Java world, rather from the MS-SQL and .NET space, and need to drive OpenEMM from those systems. Our integration needs require me to add some extra methods to the OpenEMM web service.

I set up the OpenEMM VM to serve as a development/test server and installed Eclipse and set up the sources. I have finally achieved what appears to be a successful build (I'm not sure how to test and debug it by running it from the IDE...) and want to continue but now am unclear on how to add my own web service methods and deploy everything.

1. Seven of the files in src/java/org/agnitas/webservice say that they "[were] auto-generated from WSDL". It looks as if, should I want to add methods, I should modify the original WSDL and regenerate these files before adding my method to EmmWebservice.java. Is that the case? Where can I find an appropriate WSDL file?
2. If I only touch files in /src/java/org/agnitas/webservice, can I just take the compiled .class files from build/classes/org/agnitas/webservice and put them in /home/openemm/webapps/openemm/WEB-INF/classes/org/agnitas/webservice or do I need to replace the entire build with my newly-compiled files?

Any help will be much appreciated!
ylrsi

Re: Steps required to extend web services?

Post by ylrsi »

Oh... just to check... I want to extend the new WS not the old one. Am I looking at the right files??
Anton

Post by Anton »

I'm not sure about for the webservices (I've only modified site internal code) but as long as you deploy all the classes that refer to your new classes, you should be Ok just deploying the class files - it worked for me!
bhcuong2008

Post by bhcuong2008 »

Do you have any progress in extending web services, adding more methods?
ylrsi

Post by ylrsi »

I haven't put any more effort into this since then.