Softbounces not recognized

Use this forum for all questions related to bounce management of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

barff-lab

Softbounces not recognized

Post by barff-lab »

Hi,

I've installed OpenEMM 5.4 under Ubuntu following the (quite complete) description in the forum. Sending and recognition of hard bounces works fine, but soft bounces are giving me a headache.

I've configured everything as described in the manual, set up a forwarding in bav.conf-local, added a bounce rule in the "Settings" section of OpenEMM including a forwarding (which also works), but none of my tests succeeds.

I tried sending of various emails containing text strings as they're contained in the bav.rule file and also sent "normal" mail to the bounce address but nothing shows up in the log files. Also running the softbounce.sh script does not do anything. The incoming mails are added to a file ~/var/spool/filter/sent-4 but no action of bav is visible.

Any hints on solving this problem are greatly appreciated as I'm now already trying for nearly two days with no results until now.

Thanks,
Thomas
ud

Post by ud »

A bounce message must be sent by a system service, not an user. So if the bounce management recognize that a message is sent by an user, the rules to check for bounces are not applied to this mail.

-- ud