No bounces in statistics

Use this forum for all questions related to bounce management of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

cardiffcreative

Re: No bounces in statistics

Post by cardiffcreative »

Took me ages to figure out that Bounces don't work for Admin and Test users!
Found it buried in another thread... So I suggest it be added to all manuals in bold test ;D
pbolgar

Post by pbolgar »

cardiffcreative wrote:Took me ages to figure out that Bounces don't work for Admin and Test users!
Found it buried in another thread... So I suggest it be added to all manuals in bold test ;D
True - but that does not seem to have been my problem. It still is unsolved. I now use the internal mail server of openemm instead of sendmail and with that instant bounces are handled OK, but still haven't been able to get the delayed bounces solved. It looks like it is a problem with the setup of my server though as basically it just does not accept e-mails, period.
tpalmieri

Post by tpalmieri »

I'm using Ubuntu 11.10 and getting the exact same issues re: soft bounces.

In my case, the bounce info is being written to mail.log, but ~/var/spool/log/extbounce.log does not exist.

I'm not a server whiz (obviously!), but I guess openemm does not have write permissions on /var/spool/log?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
hemue

Post by hemue »

I had the same issue on unbuntu 10.04. Sendmail writes its messages not to maillog but to mail.log. I made a symlink from mail.log to maillog and now the bounce management works as expected.