Action Based Emails Ingore Timezone

Use this forum to report bugs and to check for bugfixes and new releases of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

blix88

Action Based Emails Ingore Timezone

Post by blix88 »

After doing some testing. I found that action based emails ignore the timezone information.

I'm using CentOS and OpenEMM 5.5.1 for this example.

Lets say I initially setup the system with a timezone -2 hours GMT. I test everything and it works great. Emails go out, action based emails get sent right away. Then I notice the timezone is incorrect. So I change /etc/localtime to a timezone that is -8 hours GMT. I go through send some emails, works great. The generation time matches and they get sent out. But when I have an action based email get sent, it eventually sends the email but on a 6 hour delay.

To test I then moved the timezone to -3 hours GMT. Tested everything again, normal emails go through no problem. Then action emails go through, but with a 1 hour delay.

Perhaps there is a setting I'm missing. But I find it odd that normal emails honor the change while action based emails do not.

If you require any configuration or system settings please let me know.

Thanks,
Blix88
blix88

Fixed It.

Post by blix88 »

Fixed the Time Zone issue.

The system was originally setup with UTC.

When I changed the timezone, I modified /etc/localtime to link to /usr/share/zoneinfo/US/Eastern. Then I would get a delay sending action based emails.

To fix the issue I also modified /etc/sysconfig/clock from the following code.

Code: Select all

ZONE="Europe/Berlin"
UTC=true
ARC=false
And changed it to this code.

Code: Select all

ZONE="US/Eastern"
UTC=false
ARC=false
After making this change and restarting the server, the action based emails go out with no delay. Not sure why the action based emails behave differently then normal emails. But I hope this helps other people out there.

Blix88