500 Exception - Out of Memory when opening user list

Use this forum to report bugs and to check for bugfixes and new releases of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

christian.lang

500 Exception - Out of Memory when opening user list

Post by christian.lang »

Hello,

With OpenEMM 5.5 i currently get an Out-of-Memory-Exception when opening the Users-Tab in OpenEMM. We currently have about 70.000 recipients in the database and added several fields. The problem started a few weeks ago, it wasn't there before. I am wondering why OpenEMM loads that much data in one step where it displays only about 20-25 Users a time.
Is there any way to get arround this?

Thanks & best regards,

Christian

Code: Select all

500 Servlet Exception
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
	at java.lang.String.toLowerCase(String.java:2284)
	at java.lang.String.toLowerCase(String.java:2296)
	at org.apache.commons.collections.map.CaseInsensitiveMap.convertKey(CaseInsensitiveMap.java:120)
	at org.apache.commons.collections.map.AbstractHashedMap.get(AbstractHashedMap.java:180)
	at org.apache.commons.collections.map.AbstractMapDecorator.get(AbstractMapDecorator.java:94)
	at org.agnitas.web.RecipientAction.getRecipientList(RecipientAction.java:476)
	at org.agnitas.web.RecipientAction.execute(RecipientAction.java:196)
	at org.apache.struts.chain.commands.servlet.ExecuteAction.execute(ExecuteAction.java:58)
	at org.apache.struts.chain.commands.AbstractExecuteAction.execute(AbstractExecuteAction.java:67)
	at org.apache.struts.chain.commands.ActionCommandBase.execute(ActionCommandBase.java:51)
	at org.apache.commons.chain.impl.ChainBase.execute(ChainBase.java:190)
	at org.apache.commons.chain.generic.LookupCommand.execute(LookupCommand.java:304)
	at org.apache.commons.chain.impl.ChainBase.execute(ChainBase.java:190)
	at org.apache.struts.chain.ComposableRequestProcessor.process(ComposableRequestProcessor.java:283)
	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1913)
	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:449)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:115)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:92)
	at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletFilterChain.doFilter(ServletFilterChain.java:106)
	at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenSessionInViewFilter.java:174)
	at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
	at com.caucho.server.dispatch.FilterFilterChain.doFilter(FilterFilterChain.java:70)
	at org.agnitas.dao.impl.SerializeRequestFilter.doFilter(SerializeRequestFilter.java:27)
	at com.caucho.server.dispatch.FilterFilterChain.doFilter(FilterFilterChain.java:70)
	at org.agnitas.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:51)
	at com.caucho.server.webapp.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:178)
	at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletInvocation.service(ServletInvocation.java:229)
	at com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleRequest(HttpRequest.java:268)
	at com.caucho.server.port.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:389)
	at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool.runTasks(ThreadPool.java:507)
	at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool.run(ThreadPool.java:433)
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Yes, release 5.5.1 will fix this problem.
OpenEMM Maintainer
spacemarkus

Post by spacemarkus »

I had the same problem with a list of 150.000 adresses. After upgrading to 5.5.1 the java heap exception still occuers, if I try to import the list for a second time.
After I restart the oenemm server, it works till step 7, there I've got the error message:
An error occurred
Cause: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Already value [org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.SessionHolder@29199e96] for key [org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl@2f0b5502] bound to thread [resin-tcp-connection-*:8080-13]

How is it possible to make the adresslist import work ?
Ballistix

Post by Ballistix »

Yeah just can't get this to work...we were so excited about the product now have fallen over at the first hurdle trying to test our first send...I've just posted about our problem. Admit our import is 1.1million emails but none the less it should just work :) hope they reply quickly.

Cheers
T