OpenEMM 5.5.0 500 Servlet Exception

Use this forum to report bugs and to check for bugfixes and new releases of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

mhuber84

OpenEMM 5.5.0 500 Servlet Exception

Post by mhuber84 »

Hello,

i updated OpenEMM5.4.0 to 5.5.0 an now I can login to the Backend, but when I click on Mailing or Users I get this error:
500 Servlet Exception

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils.isNotBlank(Ljava/lang/String;)Z
at org.ajaxtags.tags.AjaxAreaTag.doStartTag(AjaxAreaTag.java:133)
at _jsp._mailing._list__jsp._jspService(_list__jsp.java:828)
at com.caucho.jsp.JavaPage.service(JavaPage.java:60)
at com.caucho.jsp.Page.pageservice(Page.java:570)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.PageFilterChain.doFilter(PageFilterChain.java:175)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.DispatchFilterChain.doFilter(DispatchFilterChain.java:115)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletInvocation.service(ServletInvocation.java:229)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:277)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:106)
at org.apache.struts.chain.commands.servlet.PerformForward.handleAsForward(PerformForward.java:113)
at org.apache.struts.chain.commands.servlet.PerformForward.perform(PerformForward.java:96)
at org.apache.struts.chain.commands.AbstractPerformForward.execute(AbstractPerformForward.java:54)
at org.apache.struts.chain.commands.ActionCommandBase.execute(ActionCommandBase.java:51)
at org.apache.commons.chain.impl.ChainBase.execute(ChainBase.java:190)
at org.apache.commons.chain.generic.LookupCommand.execute(LookupCommand.java:304)
at org.apache.commons.chain.impl.ChainBase.execute(ChainBase.java:190)
at org.apache.struts.chain.ComposableRequestProcessor.process(ComposableRequestProcessor.java:283)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1913)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:449)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:115)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:92)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletFilterChain.doFilter(ServletFilterChain.java:106)
at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenSessionInViewFilter.java:174)
at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.FilterFilterChain.doFilter(FilterFilterChain.java:70)
at org.agnitas.dao.impl.SerializeRequestFilter.doFilter(SerializeRequestFilter.java:27)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.FilterFilterChain.doFilter(FilterFilterChain.java:70)
at org.agnitas.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:51)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:178)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletInvocation.service(ServletInvocation.java:229)
at com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleRequest(HttpRequest.java:268)
at com.caucho.server.port.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:389)
at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool.runTasks(ThreadPool.java:507)
at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool.run(ThreadPool.java:433)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Resin-3.0.19 (built Mon, 15 May 2006 04:50:47 PDT)
Can anybody tell me, why I get this error?

Machine:
Debian Linux
java version "1.5.0_14"
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Looks like a wrong or missing jar file.

Did you use the online update feature to upgrade to 5.5.0? If not, what did you do to upgrate? What version did you use before?
OpenEMM Maintainer
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Please make sure that only commons-lang-2.4.jar is in /home/openemm/webapps/core/WEB-INF/lib and not commons-lang.jar.
OpenEMM Maintainer
mhuber84

Solved

Post by mhuber84 »

Thanks for the hint, that solved the Problem.

I haven't used the online update feature, because on 5.3 it wasn't available. So I downloaded 5.5 and followd step 6.2 + 6.3 + 6.4c in the install manual. But i didn't delete the /home/openemm-folder the openemm-user and openemm-group. Is it better to delete these things before an update?
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Yes, because 5.3 included an old library with a different file name and, therefore was not overwritten by the new version of commons-lang.jar.
OpenEMM Maintainer