No target group content in mail sending?

Use this forum to report bugs and to check for bugfixes and new releases of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

dschumach

No target group content in mail sending?

Post by dschumach »

Hello,

I was trying to figure out how to send newsletters with varying segments to the users.
They all get the same header and footer. But depending on an additional (un)set attribut of a user varying newsletter contents should be send.
So a user will receive a newsletter with including segments which match the personal interest indicated .

- For each segment I added a field. [Settings/Profile Database].

- For each segment I created a Target Group where the setting Target Definition matches the rule to to the belonging segment.
I.e. if the user's attribut segmantA is set to 1 then the Target Group is applyied to its rule checking on segmentA equals 1.

- I created a new Mailing. On the first tab 'Mailing' I turned on the 'Show Template' in order to define the text modules of the newsletter: A Header which is send to everyone, same with a footer. In between I defined several text-modules, one for each Target Group. The textarea 'Html version' shows:
[agnDYN name="HeaderAll"/]
[agnDYN name="SegmentA"/]
[agnDYN name="SegmentB"/]
[agnDYN name="FooterAll"/]

By each agnDYN a matching text modul is created. It is viewable under tab 'Content'. Here I am able to enter the Content of each tab and associate the text module with a Target Group. The Header/Footer get the target 'All subsribers' and the SegmentX get the corresponding Target Group.

Of course I have created several receipiens, which have their Segement Attribut set differently in order to test it. All the recipiens are of type 'Test recipiens'. When setting them as 'Normal recipiens' the following newsletter preview did not let me see the newsletter for each recipient.

On tab 'Send Mailing' I checked the Preview of each recipeint. It was shown correctly for each user. The Segments were in- and excluded depending on the recipiens attribut state set.

After long talk and walk here's the problem: When mailing out the newsletter. Only the segments with target group 'All subscribers' were send.

Is this a bug or is it supposed to behave that way. If so. How could I create a segmented newsletter where receipiens receive different parts of contents but also same parts.

As far as I understood my problem is similar to this one:
OpenEMM Support Forum Index -> Bugs, bug fixes & releases:
http://www.openemm.org/forums/viewtopic ... rget+group
The difference is that I can see the matching newsletters with the test-users in the preview. But sending the mails out, the segmented parts are blank.

Thanxs for help,
Dirk
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

We will release OpenEMM 5.3.1 including bug fixes next week. Maybe this will help!
OpenEMM Maintainer
dschumach

Was this a tracked bug?

Post by dschumach »

Hello,

Thank you for your response. But I am not sure about the predication: "Maybe this will help!"
Was the described problem known and issue for bugfixing for this next release? - Or was more likely a 'good luck' testing the next version.
The 'maybe' sounds like "If you don't come today you maybe come tommorrow" (german saying).

Best greetings,
Dirk