Feedback for RC1 of OpenEMM 5.1 for Windows

Use this forum to report bugs and to check for bugfixes and new releases of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

maschoff
Site Admin

Feedback for RC1 of OpenEMM 5.1 for Windows

Post by maschoff »

Please post your feedback in this thread!
OpenEMM Maintainer
sonificator

Installation Procedure Doesn't Work

Post by sonificator »

When I execute setup.bat, the script just runs without allowing the chance to enter the "super user password" (even though it states it) and generates 'mysqladmin' is not recognized command.
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

The 'mysqladmin' error mesage means that the OpenEMM install script cannot find MySQL. Did you install MySQL, Python and the MySQL-Python module first? Is MySQL properly included in the registry (done by the setup tool of MySQL).

What version of Windows do you use?
OpenEMM Maintainer
sonificator

Post by sonificator »

Yes, everything is installed properly. I can infact launch the MySQL command line client, login with my password, and then execute manually mysqladmin and and some of the other commands in the python script. The problem is that when the setup.bat (or the python script) is run, it somehow does not "initialize" MySQL and therefore does not recognize its commands - makes sense?
sonificator

Post by sonificator »

I am running Windows XP Pro.
sonificator

Post by sonificator »

After reviewing the mySQL documentation, it seems that the problem is due to the fact that mySQL commands are initiated without properly specifying the pathname to the "bin" directory within the program directory structure; that's why they are not recognized.
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

OK, we will add the mysql/bin directory to the search path for those users who do not use the standard paths suggested by MySQL in the next bugfix release.
OpenEMM Maintainer
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

We closed this thread because we just released the final version of OpenEMM 5.1 for Windows.
OpenEMM Maintainer