Update 2013R2 -> 2015 image preview problem

Use this forum to report bugs and to check for bugfixes and new releases of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

StefanV

Update 2013R2 -> 2015 image preview problem

Post by StefanV »

I did an Update from 2013R2 to 2015.

Steps:
1. Snapshot of VM
2. Update like described in the README.txt in the root folder of the extracted OpenEMM-2015-bin.tar
2.1 Updated the .properties-Files with my domain
2.2 Did the DB-Update 2013 to 2015 from the docs
2.3 Created new folder /opt/openemm/ an installed tomcat-7.0.67 and jdk-8u65

Everything seems to be perfect, but when I make new content-manager-modules there is no preview shown.
In the Database (openemm_cms) in the table cm_media_file_tbl there is just the uploaded Image, but not the preview like in the older ones which where produced with the 2013 version.

Code: Select all

+------+----------------+-------------------+------------+------------+------------+-------+
| id   | cm_template_id | content_module_id | media_name | media_type | mime_type  | cmtId |
+------+----------------+-------------------+------------+------------+------------+-------+
| 1788 |              0 |               754 | Grafik     |          0 | image/png  |     0 |
| 1766 |              0 |               746 | preview    |          2 | image/png  |     0 |
| 1765 |              0 |               746 | Grafik     |          0 | image/jpeg |     0 |
3 rows in set (0.02 sec)
There should be an id 1789 with media_type "preview".

In the Log-File (/home/openemm/logs/catalina.out) there is the following error:

Code: Select all

Exception in thread "pool-9-thread-1" java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.agnitas.cms.utils.preview.PreviewImageGenerator.storePreview(PreviewImageGenerator.java:366)
	at org.agnitas.cms.utils.preview.PreviewImageGenerator.renderPreview(PreviewImageGenerator.java:334)
	at org.agnitas.cms.utils.preview.PreviewImageGenerator.generatePreview(PreviewImageGenerator.java:263)
	at org.agnitas.cms.utils.preview.PreviewImageGenerator$1.run(PreviewImageGenerator.java:132)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
I can't find a solution for this error. Anyone, who can help?
Thanks a lot for your help!
maschoff
Site Admin

Re: Update 2013R2 -> 2015 image preview problem

Post by maschoff »

There should be an id 1789 with media_type "preview".
The update process does not remove anything from the cm* tables. If some data seems to be gone, there must be another reason.
OpenEMM Maintainer
StefanV

Post by StefanV »

Sorry, I think you misunderstood or I wrote it not clearly.
After the update to version 2015 I made a new "content module element" and in the database there was just one image produced. Before there were 2 images produced (the image and the preview).
So there is nothing missing from the past, but in the new version there went something wrong while producing the preview image to the database.

But I can't find the reason why or how to fix this issue.
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Please describe what you did exactly step-by-step, so that we can try to reproduce.
OpenEMM Maintainer