Overview Page Refreshes Over And Over...

Use this forum to report bugs and to check for bugfixes and new releases of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

dschuett

Overview Page Refreshes Over And Over...

Post by dschuett »

I noticed that the Overview page refreshes over and over showing the hourglass and "loading..." message. It finally loads the data, but I don't know why it requires the page to refresh over and over since I'm sure it is using ajax to load the data. I first noticed this in OpenEMM 6.2, but it still has the same behavior in 2013. Anybody else having this issue?
maschoff
Site Admin

Re: Overview Page Refreshes Over And Over...

Post by maschoff »

Are you able to reproduce this with the demo server at http://www.openemm.org/demo.html ?
OpenEMM Maintainer
dschuett

Post by dschuett »

The demo does not reproduce this behavior. However, the demo only has 9 records, so that is not a very reliable test. Our database has over 315 mailings, which is not a lot, but it seems as if that is what is causing it.
captainpeter

Post by captainpeter »

I have noticed that placing an empty reportstyles.css in

Code: Select all

/home/openemm/webapps/openemm/styles
will make the page load in one go instead of the usual 3 'attempts' to build the list of 20 mailings on the overview screen.

See also this topic https://forum.openemm.org/bugs-bug-fixe ... c2554.html

Could be a coincidence, it fixed the same issue in openemm2011 as well though.

cheers
peter
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

It could be that your browser is confused by the fact that CSS file reportstyles.css is declared in the JSP, but does not exist in the file system. Which browser and version do you use?

BTW, reportstyles.css is only needed in the commercial version EMM and provides these definitions:

Code: Select all

td.drilldown a, td.drilldown a:visited {
	color:black;
	font-weight:bold;

}

th.drilldown a:hover {
	font-weight:bold;
	text-decoration: underline;
}
In release 2013 R2 of OpenEMM we will include an empty file reportstyles.css to make sure your problem disappears. Thanks for pointing out your solution!
OpenEMM Maintainer