Release candidate of OpenEMM 2011 available now

Use this forum to report bugs and to check for bugfixes and new releases of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

maschoff
Site Admin

Release candidate of OpenEMM 2011 available now

Post by maschoff »

We just published the first release candidate of OpenEMM 2011 at SourceForge in folder "OpenEMM 2011".

OpenEMM 2011 comes with a fresh and state-of-the-art user interface to improve usability (see screenshots at our Facebook page) and a long list of new features like various improvements for the CMS module and to the import wizard, dynamic templates, a tag validator, a link checker or the user activity log. For the full list of features and bug fixes please have a look at the ChangeLog file: http://www.openemm.org/fileadmin/docs/CHANGELOG.txt

Since the web container used by OpenEMM was changed from Resin to Tomcat, it is NOT possible to use the online update feature of OpenEMM to update from version 6.2 (or an older version) to 2011. However, after you have switched to RC1 the online update will work again and you will be able to update to the final release of 2011 and later versions.

In any case, please read file UPDATE.txt in directory /home/openemm after the update to finish the update process successfully - even if no warning or error message has been reported.

The OpenEMM Install Guide has been revised and has all information on how to manually upgrade from 6.2 (or an older version) to 2011. You will find the latest OpenEMM Install Guide here:
http://sf.net/projects/openemm/files/Op ... ersions%29

OpenEMM 2011 RC_1 is ready for testing and for your feedback. Please use this entry in forum "Bugs, bug fixes & releases" for your feedback. Thank you for taking the
time and helping to improve OpenEMM!

If you want to get notified when new patches or releases of OpenEMM are available, please visit our Twitter log at http://twitter.com/openemm or our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/openemm (and please "like" us ).

If you use OpenEMM, please give us a "thumbs up" rating at http://sf.net/projects/openemm. Both, endorsements at Facebook and SourceForge, will help us to increase visibility of OpenEMM and grow the user community and the size of this project - thank you!
OpenEMM Maintainer
syscom

Re: Release candidate of OpenEMM 2011 available now

Post by syscom »

Hello,

I really really want to try OpenEmm but my servers have postfix 2.8.3.

1. Why don't you add postfix? Almost every server has postfix.

2. Could you please publish a tutorial for connecting OpenEmm with postfix?

3. I do not know how to implement this patch. Do you?

Patch:

it means is that postfix provides a sendmail command which means that programs
which use sendmail the package will not notice the difference they will be using
postfix just as they would use sendmail.

Postfix installs /usr/sbin/sendmail which is a link to /usr/sbin/sendmail.postfix
Thanks and Best Regards,
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Why don't YOU add Postfix? This software is open source and you are free to modify it and adapt it to your own needs!
OpenEMM Maintainer
syscom

Post by syscom »

Hello,

It is VERY SAD that a Very Powerful software ... OpenEMM is tied up to a single MTA (sendmail). :wink:

Best Regards,
jstephan

Post by jstephan »

maschoff wrote:Why don't YOU add Postfix? This software is open source and you are free to modify it and adapt it to your own needs!
Great idea,
where in the source code is it placed?
Who is the programmer of the software?
Why is there no comment anywhere?

I can see /usr/sbin/sendmail is hard coded, which ist that sad.

grep -r /usr/sbin/sendmail *
c/tools/smctrl.c: argv[0] = (char *) "/usr/sbin/sendmail";
script/lib/config.sh: sendmail="/usr/sbin/sendmail"
script/process/bavd.py: pp = os.popen ('/usr/sbin/sendmail ' + to, 'w')

but how are the mails given to sendmail, thats what i miss. Maybe the pp = os.popen ('/usr/sbin/sendmail ' + to, 'w') do the trick. But i dont think so.
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

You better should search for term "sendmail" to find all dependencies. The two most important points to change for Postfix are:

1. Mail generation in xmlback (generate.c): This code generates sendmail spool files including (internal) IDs (containing customer_id and mailing_id) which are used by bounce management when reading conversational bounces from the sendmail log files to assign the bounces to the individual mail recipients.

2. Mail loop: The OpenEMM mail loop uses the senmail plugin concept (milter). However, it could be that Postfix's milter compatibility is good enough to cover this point.
OpenEMM Maintainer
jstephan

Post by jstephan »

Why need this queue file to be generated, couldnt it simply create the mail and give it to local smtp?!? I guess it is really dirty to create specific spool files and inject them to a directory.

But okay, i take a look at the code and maybe there is a way to change this.

Anyway, you should really tell the developers to add comments to your code.
karthik

Post by karthik »

Hi All,

I have found two new bugs and they are listed below,
1. After sending out a mailing the status of how many mails have been sent is not updated. I applied the fix suggested in the read me file but even though its not working.
2. Opened Emails count is not getting updated.

Please help regarding these two issues.

Thanks,
Karthik
karthik

Post by karthik »

Another bug,
I have created a new user and assigned the admin privilege, I have used the same account to login and all I found is a blank white screen and the error that is thrown in the catalina.out file is

Code: Select all

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet ButtonServlet threw exception
java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using ':1.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.
Could anyone please help to investigate this issue.

Thanks,
Karthik
karthik

Bugs in Release candidate of OpenEMM 2011 available now

Post by karthik »

Hi All,
Please find below the finalized bugs that I have found,
1. After sending out a mailing the status of how many mails have been sent is not updated. I applied the fix suggested in the read me file but even though its not working.
2. Opened Emails count is not getting updated.
3.I have created a new user and assigned the admin privilege, I have used the same account to login and all I found is a blank white screen and the error that is thrown in the catalina.out file is

Code: Select all

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet ButtonServlet threw exception
 java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using ':1.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.
4. I have managed to resolve the bug3 by not changing the default time zone but that results in minor bug, the bug is when I login using the new user the logged in user name at the top left still remains to be Agnitas Admin. So if we change the time zone for the user while creating its not working.

Please help to resolve all these issues.

Thanks and regards,
Karthik
toni

Bugs in Release candidate of OpenEMM 2011: pure_preview.jsp

Post by toni »

Hi,

I'm using the sample content for the 2011_RC2 installation and I get following errors when you click on a preview image on
Mailings > Content manager > Module Types Tab (or Content Modules Tab)

HTTP Status 404 - /cms/cmt/pure_preview.jsp
(issued by http://localhost:8080/cms_cmt.do?action=7&cmtId=11)
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Did you adjust property cms.ccr.url in file cms.properties? (see install guide for details)
OpenEMM Maintainer
toni

Post by toni »

maschoff wrote:Did you adjust property cms.ccr.url in file cms.properties? (see install guide for details)
yes I did. I have my ip address there with port 8080.
Infact the url which causes the problem is not really localhost. It is my ip address which I've substituted in my post with localhost to obfuscate the ip...
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Ok, I could reproduce in the meantime. We will provide a bugfix soon.
OpenEMM Maintainer
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Please check if fix #2 works for you: https://sourceforge.net/projects/openem ... EMM%202011
OpenEMM Maintainer