Mailings not generated, can't preview

Use this forum to report bugs and to check for bugfixes and new releases of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

ascari

Mailings not generated, can't preview

Post by ascari »

I'm running OpenEMM 6.01 on Ubuntu 9.04 (kernel 2.6.28-11). I can send "plain" mailings without issue, but if I try to use Templates the mailings won't generate.

Also, if I try to preview the HTML version shows up blank, and the Text version gives the message "ERROR: Resource key "null" not found in default bundle".

Everything works fine as long as I don't attempt to use templates.

I've searched for that error in the knowledge base without luck - has anybody seen this before and if so what is the solution?
meistroM

Same Problem

Post by meistroM »

with OpenEMM 6.0.1 under Debian lenny

it is not possible to show more than 1 html content under the "Text module" "HTML Version", although I gernerated more than 4 html content blocks (all subscribers).

The first HTML block is shown not more.

If you switch between text and html, sometings you get the message
ERROR: Resource key "null" not found in default bundle

Fact the html code is valid no missing tag etc, in open emm logs I find the following messages, not more
[22.02.2010 12:50:52] INFO/create: Found error for 8/7: java.lang.Exception: Error while trying to query block 0 :org.agnitas.backend.EMMTagException: ERROR-Code AGN-2007: a simple tag cannot have additional parameters!
[22.02.2010 12:51:27] INFO/stat: Mailing cache: 0, Page cache: 0

In the Forum another Person posted this bug
http://www.openemm.org/forums/ftopic1343.html

but we use Lenny instead of etch

PLEASE HELP

MM
meistroM

Same BUG on AGNITA OPEN EMM Testserver

Post by meistroM »

It has to be a bug of the system, same problems on openemm Testserver
greyhound

Post by greyhound »

I just had the same problem.
Finally, I found that there was a misspelled agnDYN-Tag im my Source: I had typed "[agnD[agnDYN" instead of "[agnDYN" ;)
rickyrick

Post by rickyrick »

I'm running into a similar problem. Something is hosed. Here's my problem.

I created a simple mailing using OpenEMM's sample mailing list.

I then created a simple Content Template with nothing in the template-media folder and a single HTML file with the following code in it.

Code: Select all

<html>
<body>
<h1>TEST CM TEMPLATE</h1>
<br />
BLAH
<br />
BLAH
</body>
</html>
I assigned the Content Template to the aforementioned mailing.

When I navigate to the mailing, clicking on the "Content" tab produces the following error.

An error occurred
Cause:	javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NullPointerException
The preview works fine as long as there are no [agn...] tags in it. Can somebody help me with this?
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Do you use OpenEMM 6.1? If so, you could send me your CM template by PM and I can check if there is a bug in the software.
OpenEMM Maintainer
rickyrick

Post by rickyrick »

Using v6.0.1 - does this mean no help until I upgrade?
rickyrick

Post by rickyrick »

I checked the ../webapps/core/log directory and found this stack trace in the openemm_stdout.log file.

2010-08-09 13:31:26,822: WARN  [resin-tcp-connection-*:8080-9] org.apache.struts.chain.commands.ExceptionCatcher - Exception from exceptionCommand 'servlet-exception'
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at _jsp._cms._mailing._editor_0frame__jsp._jspService(_editor_0frame__jsp.java:178)
	at com.caucho.jsp.JavaPage.service(JavaPage.java:60)
	at com.caucho.jsp.Page.pageservice(Page.java:570)
	at com.caucho.server.dispatch.PageFilterChain.doFilter(PageFilterChain.java:179)
	at com.caucho.server.webapp.DispatchFilterChain.doFilter(DispatchFilterChain.java:115)
	at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletInvocation.service(ServletInvocation.java:229)
	at com.caucho.server.webapp.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:277)
	at com.caucho.server.webapp.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:106)
	at org.apache.struts.chain.commands.servlet.PerformForward.handleAsForward(PerformForward.java:113)
	at org.apache.struts.chain.commands.servlet.PerformForward.perform(PerformForward.java:96)
	at org.apache.struts.chain.commands.AbstractPerformForward.execute(AbstractPerformForward.java:54)
	at org.apache.struts.chain.commands.ActionCommandBase.execute(ActionCommandBase.java:51)
	at org.apache.commons.chain.impl.ChainBase.execute(ChainBase.java:190)
	at org.apache.commons.chain.generic.LookupCommand.execute(LookupCommand.java:304)
	at org.apache.struts.chain.ComposableRequestProcessor.process(ComposableRequestProcessor.java:283)
	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1913)
	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:449)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:115)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:92)
	at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletFilterChain.doFilter(ServletFilterChain.java:106)
	at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenSessionInViewFilter.java:174)
	at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
	at com.caucho.server.dispatch.FilterFilterChain.doFilter(FilterFilterChain.java:70)
	at org.ajaxanywhere.AAFilter.doFilter(AAFilter.java:46)
	at com.caucho.server.dispatch.FilterFilterChain.doFilter(FilterFilterChain.java:70)
	at org.agnitas.web.filter.SerializeRequestFilter.doFilter(SerializeRequestFilter.java:28)
	at org.agnitas.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:51)
	at com.caucho.server.webapp.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:173)
	at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletInvocation.service(ServletInvocation.java:229)
	at com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleRequest(HttpRequest.java:274)
	at com.caucho.server.port.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:514)
	at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool.runTasks(ThreadPool.java:527)
	at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool.run(ThreadPool.java:449)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
any ideas?
rickyrick

Post by rickyrick »

Under the "Content" tab, there is an IFrame with an id="editorFrame". That IFrame contains the following error output:

<html>
<head><title>Error</title></head>
<h3>An error occurred</h3>
<table>
<tr valign="top"><td align="top"><b>Cause:</b></td><td>javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NullPointerException</td></tr>

</table>
</body>
</html>
The url for this IFrame content is:

http://my.emmserver.com/mailingcontent. ... ilingID=16
tanqikun

openEMM6.1 problem when preview

Post by tanqikun »

500 Servlet Exception

java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/agnitas/backend/Column, method: get
signature: ()Ljava/lang/String;) Code stops in the middle of instruction
starting at offset 4
at org.agnitas.backend.Data.queryMailingInformations(Data.java:626)
at org.agnitas.backend.Data.<init>(Data.java:992)
at org.agnitas.backend.MailgunImpl.mkData(MailgunImpl.java:75)
at org.agnitas.backend.MailgunImpl.initializeMailgun(MailgunImpl.java:86)
at org.agnitas.preview.Cache.<init>(Cache.java:46)
at org.agnitas.preview.Preview.createPreview(Preview.java:330)
at org.agnitas.web.MailingSendAction.getPreview(MailingSendAction.java:521)
at org.agnitas.web.MailingSendAction.execute(MailingSendAction.java:281)
at org.apache.struts.chain.commands.servlet.ExecuteAction.execute(ExecuteAction.java:58)
at org.apache.struts.chain.commands.AbstractExecuteAction.execute(AbstractExecuteAction.java:67)
at org.apache.struts.chain.commands.ActionCommandBase.execute(ActionCommandBase.java:51)
at org.apache.commons.chain.generic.LookupCommand.execute(LookupCommand.java:304)
at org.apache.struts.chain.ComposableRequestProcessor.process(ComposableRequestProcessor.java:283)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1913)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:449)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:115)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:92)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletFilterChain.doFilter(ServletFilterChain.java:106)
at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenSessionInViewFilter.java:174)
at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
at org.ajaxanywhere.AAFilter.doFilter(AAFilter.java:46)
at org.agnitas.web.filter.SerializeRequestFilter.doFilter(SerializeRequestFilter.java:28)
at org.agnitas.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:51)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:173)
at com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleRequest(HttpRequest.java:274)
at com.caucho.server.port.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:514)
at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool.runTasks(ThreadPool.java:527)
at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool.run(ThreadPool.java:449)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Resin-3.0.28 (built Mon, 18 May 2009 02:16:38 PDT)
tanqikun

i use 6.1, but report errors

Post by tanqikun »

ma wrote:Do you use OpenEMM 6.1? If so, you could send me your CM template by PM and I can check if there is a bug in the software.

500 Servlet Exception

java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/agnitas/backend/Column, method: get
signature: ()Ljava/lang/String;) Code stops in the middle of instruction
starting at offset 4
gs

Post by gs »

I'm running into a similar problem, after created a simple Content Template. Having installed version 6.1
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Please send me your ZIP file via PM so that I can check it.
OpenEMM Maintainer