Problem sending out mailing - stops after generating mails

Use this forum to report bugs and to check for bugfixes and new releases of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

ws

Problem sending out mailing - stops after generating mails

Post by ws »

Hi everyone,

we installed OpenEMM 5.5.1 on a Windows Server 2003, with Python 2.5.2, MySql Python 1.2.2 and JDK 6u10. Also we used instsrv and srvany to make it run as a service.
As relay we use our Exchange 2007 Server.

When sending out mailings to test-users oder administrators, it works fine. But when sending the normal mailing, OpenEMM stops after having generated the mails.

It are only about 600 recipients, so it shouldn't be too much. We have been waiting for about 3 hours, then we tried to restart the server. After this, mails have been sent out.

This happens every time, so I hope you know what's going on. I didn't find anything special in the logfiles, but of course can have a second look if you have an idea.

Thank you for having a look,
regards,
ws
elisa

Problem sending out mailing to sendGroup "W"

Post by elisa »

Hi, I've the same problem.
Could please tell me how you fixed it?

Thanks
Elisa
ws

Post by ws »

We still have no fix for this problem, but if we find one be sure I'll tell it in this post
elisa

Problem sending out mailing to sendGroup "W" Resol

Post by elisa »

Hi,
I solved the problem!

When I run OpenEmm I had the following error:

Code: Select all

File "/home/openemm/bin/scripts/smenable.py", line 35, in __init__
    self.db = agn.DBase ()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'DBase' 
Looking for the solution I have found this topic:
http://www.openemm.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=769
and I realized that I had not installed the python-mysql module.
I have installed it and I have solved all the problems.

Elisa
ws

Post by ws »

I've seen this post already, but unfortunately it's not the problem at our installation, cause we have installed the mysql-python module and the problem still occurs.

But we'll see, maybe someone else has found another solution or we find one on our own.
Kendy

Mails generated but not sent

Post by Kendy »

We have similar - problem has jsut started happening: it appeared to result in a server capacity issue - 15GB of space being used up when trying to send mailings..incredible!

Some have sent ok, others have sent a handful out of 5000 of their 'generated' mails.

A restart of the service jolted some back into action and sent a few more yesterday, but a re-try of this again today has not produced the same result.

We have approx 5000 logs in the queue directory..

Help!! Any ideas..??

Thanks!