Option to overwrite status at recipient-import

Use this forum to suggest new features, language support, documentation, etc. for OpenEMM's roadmap

Moderator: moderator

inteco

Option to overwrite status at recipient-import

Post by inteco »

Hello Folks

In my expirience, some endusers like to manage their customers (and the responding email addresses) only in their own software-solution.
Theyre used to the system they have and want to control the target groups and also the status by their own software.
The workflow is like this:

- custom-software: export the addresses
- openemm: select target group (email LIKE '%')
- openemm: delete all recipients with the target group
- openemm: import addresses in the mailing list
- openemm: new mailing, choose right mailing list

It would be better if the customer, could skip the first two steps.
Therefore a overwrite status option in the import-definition would be great. The imported recipients would be marked as 1 (active), only the status 2 (bounced) would be left untouched.
(another solution: create a new mailinglist at every import, but this messes up everything and the bounces would have to be manage also manually)

However, it would somehow cut down the OpenEMM capabilities, e.g. opt-out by recipient has to be managed by an email (via action) or by an export/import to the custom-software, but in my experience, the customer likes to use the software he knows best and he likes to has as little efford as possible.
Such a import-option would simplify the workflow for these customers.

What you think?
maschoff
Site Admin

Re: Option to overwrite status at recipient-import

Post by maschoff »

I am a little bit confused. Please define what you mean by terms "enduser", "customer" and "overwrite status option". Maybe this will help me to understand your intention.
OpenEMM Maintainer
inteco

Re: Option to overwrite status at recipient-import

Post by inteco »

yeah my post is a bit confusing :oops: ich muss es wohl auf deutsch probieren:

Das eigentlich Problem ist folgendes:
Wenn man den Status, also ob ein Empfänger Aktiv, Opt-Out-Admin oder Opt-Out-Empfänger ist, von einer externen Applikation steuern will, ist dies momentan ohne manuelles Eingreifen nicht möglich.
Beim CSV-Import wird das Status-Feld nicht überschrieben. Genau dies soll durch eine neue Checkbox möglich gemacht werden.

Warum sollte man das Status-Feld von extern Steuern?
End-Benutzer (Benutzer die keine grosse Ahnung vom OpenEmm haben, und eigentlich nur Mailing verschicken) verwalten alle Ihre Kunden in einer eigenen Software (z.B SAP) und steuern auch dort den Status Ihrer Kunden.
z.B könnte ein Export aus einer ERP-Software ein Feld mit dem Namen "will-werbung" mit dem wert "ja/nein" enthalten.
Dieses Feld sollte auch im OpenEMM steuern ob ein Kunde ein Mail erhält oder nicht, was mit einer Zielgruppe möglich ist.

Ein Problem taucht aber dann auf, wenn ein Empfänger auf "opt-out" steht, aber jetzt wieder Mailings erhalten will (in der ERP-Software auf "will-werbung=ja" konfiguriert ist).

Eine Lösung wäre eben die oben genannte Checkbox, die es ermöglicht den Status beim Import zu überschreiben.