Full System XML Export

Use this forum to suggest new features, language support, documentation, etc. for OpenEMM's roadmap

Moderator: moderator

posbis

Full System XML Export

Post by posbis »

My plans are to set up a new OpenEmm 6.1 system when it is available. So my biggest concerns are how to migrate all the data to the new system. OK for Receipients it is easy but what is about the remaining data such as:

- Mailings (incl. Templates)
- Target-Groups
- Actions

I am really missing a FULL XML export of the whole system. This could serve as a backup szenario as well.

An administrator should be able to define an export and to choose between:

- Full System Export
- Custom System Export

In the later he/she should be able to select what to export:

- Mailing Lists
- Mailings (incl. Templates)
- Target-Groups etc.

On the new system it should be possible to import the XML data.

Are there any plans to write such an XML export/import ?

And if NO, what is the easiest way to migrate a FULL 6.0.1 system to 6.1 ?

And NO, I don't want to upgrade my current 6.0.1 system to 6.1 because its kind of messy and I want a new start based on the 6.1 VMWare virtual machine (which hopefully comes out with 6.1).

Regards,
Oliver
geert83

Re: Full System XML Export

Post by geert83 »

This would be a great feature :)

What is the best way to make a backup of openemm?
breetlee6666

Re: Full System XML Export

Post by breetlee6666 »

As an alternative you can change the application server configuration to bind to port 80 instead of 8080. Since 80 is a privileged port (<1024), on Unix/Linux this will require superuser privileges while binding to the port on appserver start, so using a proxy can be safer.
Unlock the key of your success by pass4sure itil v3 and pass4sure security+ training courses
By using our latest passguide and ju study Southern California Institute of Architecture you can easily pass selftestengine exam.