Tracking url syntax.

Use this forum to suggest new features, language support, documentation, etc. for OpenEMM's roadmap

Moderator: moderator

lord_alan

Tracking url syntax.

Post by lord_alan »

Hi,

when openemm creates a tracking url, the unique id at the end contains many "."s (full stops).

Thunderbird doesn't like dots in the url and will generally flag it as spam. Does the tracking url really need to contains dots?
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Could you please post such an URL here so that we are sure what you mean?
OpenEMM Maintainer
lord_alan

Post by lord_alan »

Could you please post such an URL here so that we are sure what you mean?
Sure. Here you go:

Code: Select all

http://myopenemm.server.com/r.html?uid=1.f.oo.4a.80e7txb5ea
We think the quantity of dots after the uid= might be affecting Thunderbird's spam filter.

Other mailers we notice tend to use a UUID type string with no dots such as this:

... ct/ctcount.php?key=008349950092032000082574
or this:

....net/rd?1=
=3DAvcE~wqJCv8S~cL7GoIe~yL~Jvsq~~D~&2=3D1420
To be honest though, sometimes Thunderbird is fine with OpenEMM mails and other times it isn't and flags it as "potential spam". But we haven't been able to ascertain quite what the trigger is yet.

There is a mention here of a similar problem although this is quite an old post so I am not sure if it is still relevant. http://www.hyperborea.org/journal/archi ... detection/

Cheers

Alan
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Ok, I got it. I read "the dots at the end" and was sure that no UID is ended with dots, but, of course, the UID string contains dots. I have to check the encryption algorithm, there might be a reason for the dots.
OpenEMM Maintainer