[SOLVED] modifying registration/confirmation mail

Use this forum for questions regarding adoption and functionality of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

Defos

[SOLVED] modifying registration/confirmation mail

Post by Defos »

Hello,

as the topic says, I can't find any documentation on where to alter the content of the registration (e.g. double-opt-in confirmation) mail.

And currently it's sent as plain text. Is there a way to convert it to multipart?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Defos on Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pheelix

Post by pheelix »

do you already use action-based mailings for the double-opt-in mails?
Defos

Post by Defos »

What do you mean? The double-opt-in mail function is triggered by the (registration) form. Which, yes, is starting the action based mailing (de_doi_mail) by default.

EDIT: I GOT IT. Thanks - I didn't check the "Display action based mailings" checkbox - so these were hidden...doh!
pheelix

Post by pheelix »

when i created a double opt-in solution for our newsletter, i followed the official printed manual which is really close to the internet version.

the steps i did (i use the german version, so maybe not all translations are correct):
  • 1. Create new mailing, name is "subscription registration", choose your recipient-list, and choose actionbased mailing as type
  • 2. Enter all relevant data, save, and switch to the content-tab and klick on "text"
  • 3. Type in your text and insert the activation link in the text, got to look like:
    Dear [agnTITLE type=2],

thank you for your subscription, bla bla

To finish your subscription, please click on the following link:
    http://your-server.tld:8080/form.do?agn ... D=##AGNUID##

(watchout that your subscriptionform has the name "subconfirm")
  • 4. Create another actionbased mailing and give it the name "Subscription Confirmation"
  • 5. Switch to the content-tab, choose text and insert your message like:
    your subscription was successful, you will now receive defos newsletter
  • 6. Then you create 3 actions, the first one for the start of the double opt-in-registration, the second one for the sending of the mailing for the double-opt-in confirmation and a last one for sending of the successfull subscription mail