Web Services setSubscriberBinding

Use this forum for questions regarding adoption and functionality of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

asai

Web Services setSubscriberBinding

Post by asai »

Hi Guys,

I've been able to successfully add a subscriber with the web services, using FlexBuilder 3, really great. But when I try to setSubscriberBinding I get this error:

org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean named 'BindingEntryDao' is defined

Any ideas on this one?
asai

Webservices EmmSoapClient.sh

Post by asai »

Also, when I run EmmSoapClient.sh it seems that I don't get all of the methods enumerated, for example, this represents the output (note I have stripped the arguments from the methods listed):

newEmailMailing
newEmailMailingWithReply
updateEmailMailing
insertContent
deleteContent
sendMailing
addSubscriber
getSubscriber
findSubscriber
deleteSubscriber

I don't see getSubscriberBinding or setSubscriberBinding in this. Could this be a classpath problem?
Nse

Post by Nse »

Hi,

In EmmSoapClient.sh the signature of setSubscriberBinding is missing - there is no problem with your classpath, if the other methods are working.

The missing signature looks like this:
setSubscriberBinding username password customerID mailinglistID mediatype status bindingType remark exitMailingID

Perhaps there is a problem with the parameters (give int if String is required...)
asai

Post by asai »

I will check on the argument types to make sure, but what I don't understand is why those methods would be missing from the list, why are they not represented in the script. This leads me to believe that something is wrong with something somewhere :wink: . Also, and this is interesting, when I run the EmmCreateWsdl.sh and EmmSoapClient.sh scripts which come packaged with the RPM, everything's fine, but when I replace those shell scripts with the scripts which come with the RPM source file then I get an error from the EmmCreateWsdl.sh script. Actually it seems that the two scripts are different. This code is included in the RPM version $DEPLOY/WEB-INF/lib/saaj.jar and in the source version it is not...
Last edited by asai on Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
asai

Post by asai »

I checked the argument parameters. I entered in everything correctly as far as datatypes are concerned. I'm still getting the DAO not found error though. Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone else have this working? Is this problem perhaps native to the 5.3.2 version?

I'm using CentOS 4.4,
java version "1.5.0_14"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_14-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_14-b03, mixed mode, sharing)
ar

Fixed in 5.4.

Post by ar »

I found a bug trying the binding funtions in webservices. The bug will be fixed in version 5.4.
asai

Post by asai »

Great, thanks guys!

Now, I have to ask the obvious...is there a current workaround or a patch I can apply?
mhr

Post by mhr »

Same error message here :(

It seems that the webservice function "getSubscriberBinding" is broken in 5.3.2 and as far as I know there's no solution for this available.

@ar: Would be great if you could share your solution at this place:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=848488

Thanks,
Martin
asai

Post by asai »

Looks like RC1 of 5.4 (now available) fixes this issue...although I haven't installed it yet.
maschoff
Site Admin

bug fix

Post by maschoff »

A bug fix for OpenEMM 5.3.2 has been posted to the SourceForge bugtracker:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.p ... tid=848488
OpenEMM Maintainer
asai

Post by asai »

Thank you very much, Martin.

You guys are doing a great job. Keep it up :wink: !
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Thank you! :-)
OpenEMM Maintainer
asai

Post by asai »

Ok, hate to bring bad news, but when I try to run it with the new fix from Sourceforge, I get this:

Failed to parse Data (org.xml.sax.SAXException: Response is not a SOAP Envelope)
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

No problem - we are too much focused on 5.4. You have to replace 5 more files for the full backport. See

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=848488

Does it work now?
OpenEMM Maintainer
asai

Post by asai »

Well, unfortunately, no. I went back to OpenEMM 5.3.2 and rebuilt my database, and the strange errors seem to be gone, but the webservices don't seem to work at all anymore. I can't add a new subscriber, nor can I set the subscriber binding of an existing user. PHP returns a SOAP error, Bad Types, when I try to do addSubscriber.