Max deliveries feature not working

Use this forum for questions regarding adoption and functionality of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

perun

Max deliveries feature not working

Post by perun »

Hi,

We have been struggling to make max deliveries working for our mailings. The interface explains it nicely on how it is supposed to work so we thought it's all looking good. There is no mention about max_recipients property within python scripts though so I figured we must be missing something.

Am i correct to understand that max deliveries limit is available only to commercial licences? Why our interface does not highlight this necessity but just gets stuck on generating? Is that due to our config or just some interface quirks?

Thanks,

Matt
maschoff
Site Admin

Re: Max deliveries feature not working

Post by maschoff »

Do you mean field "Maximum number of recipients" in the OpenEMM GUI? If so, which value did you enter and how do you know that it does not work?
OpenEMM Maintainer
perun

Post by perun »

That is the one I have in mind - "Maximum number of recipients".

Whenever we input any values here, the mailing gets stuck at generating. Values we input are between 100000 and 300000. Without them, the sending works perfectly fine.

I can't locate any errors for this issue. Normally I follow python scripts to figure roughly what is happening but max_recipients weirdly don't seem to be used there (unless I being blind here). Any help would be appreciated.

For the time being, we have created different mailing lists for a predefined number of recipients but it's not a very scalable solution so if there is something we can do about it, it would be grand.
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

It should work. If it does not, it could be a bug (it's part of the Java code). We have to investigate that.
OpenEMM Maintainer
perun

Post by perun »

Ok, makes sense, thanks.

Do you have any timeframe in mind in regards to this investigation?

Thanks,

Matt