Delete all recipients

Use this forum for questions regarding adoption and functionality of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

mhab12

Delete all recipients

Post by mhab12 »

How do I delete all recipients? We loaded an outdated CSV and would like to basically start fresh. I would re download the vmware image, but do not feel like waiting or setting up the http forward again.
bobby

How to Delete All Recipients

Post by bobby »

I did the same thing... be great if there was a way to do an import and either add/delete/update based on what was being imported.

So, do I have to go into mySQL and do this manually.

After 10 mins, hmmm, what tables do I need to clear?

Will post something if I figure this out... hopefully I don't have to reinstall for a clean configuration. Is there anyway to import all the Success and Error HTML code to newer versions?
bobby

Post by bobby »

Looks like you can actually do updates to records already in the database by doing an import, but it currently DOES NOT work, bug in 5.1.1?

I did a import to unsubscribe a list of users... this worked.
Then I did another import to subscribe a list of users who were already in the db and this seems like it worked in the web GUI but actually no records were updated.

Also, looks like the forms data is in the db also, so losing the db means you would have to redo all your HTML forms :(

I guess I will just use my older SQL dump and start all over...
linker3000

Post by linker3000 »

I'd like to wake up this thread as I'd like to empty the recipients database too - has anyone got an SQL script to do this?

Thanks
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

We will add this feature to our roadmap and provide a script soon.
OpenEMM Maintainer
linker3000

Post by linker3000 »

ma wrote:We will add this feature to our roadmap and provide a script soon.
Thanks - this is now quite urgent for me as I am trying to do a mailshot but the recipient data seems corrupted and when I create a mailing list from a target group, the recipients and their profile data fields are all mixed up.

Any chance that the script is ready otherwise I am going to have to reinstall from scratch!?

:)

Thanks
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Soon means within a few weeks. Our top priority right now is the release of version 5.4.
OpenEMM Maintainer
slackamp

Post by slackamp »

its now april. is there a script? is there a proper way of deleting from the table?
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

We will provide a GUI feature to delete recipients with release 5.5 (May). For the latest information please see roadmap at http://www.openemm.org/roadmap.html
OpenEMM Maintainer
chnicola

Post by chnicola »

Any update on this. I still don't see a way to delete "all" recipients or a group of them based on filters. Seems like a pretty obvious feature to have.
chnicola

Post by chnicola »

Sorry, I found it, adding a link to the instructions for the future:

http://www.openemm.org/forums/viewtopic ... ght=delete
johannes_77

Re: Delete all recipients

Post by johannes_77 »

Hi there,

I do have a similar problem. There seems not to be a way to delete all users from a mailing list. I tried the trick described in the above link with the target list, but unfortunatelly one can not add users of a mailing list to a target list. At least I can not find it inside the drop down menu.

How can one delete all recipient out of a mailing list? That seems to be a very obvious feature to me. I can't believe that you can add users to a mailing list, but not delete them afterwards?! Are you guys serious?

Thank you for any help

Johannes

PS: I am using version 5.5
Johannes Siebert