Can't View User Profile Data

Use this forum for questions regarding adoption and functionality of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

asai

Can't View User Profile Data

Post by asai »

Hi, I've been searching the threads here and apparently this bug was fixed in version 5.0.1, but as it is, I can't view user profile data (those custom fields which I've defined for users) unless I enter in the data myself with the New Recipient tab.

Any insights?
Last edited by asai on Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maschoff
Site Admin

import?

Post by maschoff »

Just to fully understand your question: You can not view user profile data which you have imported with the import wizard? Otherwise, how did you get the data into OpenEMM in the first place?
OpenEMM Maintainer
asai

Post by asai »

I imported the data via CSV with the upload recipients feature.
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

There was a bug with the import wizard which was fixed with version 5.0.3 (see change log).
OpenEMM Maintainer
asai

Post by asai »

Right. I'm sorry I didn't specify which version I'm using. I am using version 5.03. I thought the bug had been fixed as of version 5.01, but I still seem to be encountering trouble. I am happy to supply you with any additional info you need to diagnose the problem.
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Did you define the profile fields you want to fill via the import wizard in the settings menu, menu item "Edit profile fields" in the first place?
OpenEMM Maintainer
asai

Post by asai »

Yes, I defined the fields first, then imported the data accordingly. The data is definitely in the database. The data is in the right fields in the right place.
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

I just tested the whole process:
- creating a new profile field
- creating a CSV file with new addresses and values for the profile field
- importing the CSV file
- starting the recipient view
- editing the new profile field
- checking whether the content was changed
Everything worked just fine!

You might provide some more information like name and type of field which does not show up, values, you wanted to save, etc. because in general the feature seems to work.
OpenEMM Maintainer
asai

Post by asai »

The fields are address1, address2, city, state, country, zip, recieved_alt_voice, subscription_status, webcast_promo.

However, after further checking the problem, I'm realizing it's not the email uploaded recipients that are the trouble but people who are opting in via the web. I think this may be the problem. Because I have had set up for some time an email login system using PHP/MySQL, I wanted to integrate OpenEMM with my existing setup, so I bypassed the use of OpenEMM forms and Agnitas tags for entering names into the DB, due to time restraints. I have PHP insert the names directly into the database. I have it enter data into three tables: customer_1_tbl with the regular user data, customer_1_binding_table, and customer_1_seq into which I add the customer_id from customer_1_binding_table. It seems to go into the table fine, but it won't display any of data in the recipient browser. Perhaps I don't have all the pieces of the puzzle.
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

You should read this file:

http://www.openemm.org/fileadmin/docs/O ... le-Doc.txt

Maybe you overlooked some dependency in the database. Good luck!
OpenEMM Maintainer
asai

Post by asai »

After upgrading to OpenEMM 5.1.1 the problem seems to be resolved.
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Fine! If not, please notify us again.
OpenEMM Maintainer