[un] subscribe???

Use this forum for questions regarding adoption and functionality of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

michael

[un] subscribe???

Post by michael »

Hello,

I'm totaly not as technical as you, but i've got a serious problem.

I've installed the Open EMM application on a server. It works well. I can import CSV files and i can use the application. My first test mail is already sended!!!

I've got only a big problem with the subscribe and unsubscribe functionality, and i don't know where to start?? :(

I have a host at www.mydomain.nl and i've got the openEMM software running at: http://openemm.mydomain.nl:8081/ .

MY QUESTION:

What are the steps to let people subscribe from my website in the OPENEMM tool and what are the STEPS to make this. I also wan't to have the same functionality for the unsubscribe version.

PLEASE... IS THERE ANYONE that can help me with this issue? And please keep in mind, that i'm not AS GOOD in PROGRAMMING as you are!!!

THANKS...! :lol:
jim_frey

Post by jim_frey »

You can take a look at www.duncecapjokes.com to see what I have up there now. That allows people to subscribe and then I have an unsubscribe link in the email that I send out.

What I have there is a very simple example. You have to link the html subscribe form on the web page to the form you create in OpenEMM and then the form that you created in OpenEMM gets the action of "Subscribe"

The lingo is a little confusing because a "normal" html web page form is one thing and there's another "form" in OpenEMM that you'll find on the menu. It'll make sense once you try it out because you can actually have OpenEMM produce the web page with the form on it if you'd like.

For the unsubscribe, just add this in the content of the email
http://www.yourdomain.com:8080/form.do? ... D=##AGNUID##
OpenEMM Moderator
jim_frey

Post by jim_frey »

I should say, for that opt out link to work you need to go over the directions in the manual to make the Opt Out Question.
OpenEMM Moderator
michael

Subscribe function works

Post by michael »

TNX..

Now my subscribtion function works well.
But is have only some problems with the unsubscribe function.

I've followed the manual, but can;t figer where it's going wrong. :S

When i choose the option unsubscribe in the webform i'll be redirected to the error page.

Any idea, what the problem could be??

Tnx anyway for the help for now...

Greetz...

Michael :lol:
jim_frey

Post by jim_frey »

What's the error?
Make sure not to use spaces in the Form name when you create it in OpenEMM and link it
agnFN=OptOutQuestion
If you use a form name with spaces, you won't be able to link it in the URL
OpenEMM Moderator