Filling the hard drive now?

Use this forum for questions regarding adoption and functionality of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

jim_frey

Filling the hard drive now?

Post by jim_frey »

I've got a mailing going out right now. It's got a LOT of images (crazy amount but that's the point of the mailing.) It's going over two lists. The first list is about 10k and the second is about 25k. The first list is rendered and going out now, 1 email per minute. The second list is still rendering, about 19k done. My 500gig hard drive is now 96% full. All log files are getting deleted every minute on a crontab.

So what's going to happen? Will the hard drive fill up? And then...? :?

P.S. I got the 220V power run last week the four older HP G4 DL580's I just got. So I do have the hardware to upgrade to now :mrgreen:
I'll put in a KVM switch over IP soon, but for now I had all the monitors already sitting around so 8)
OpenEMM Moderator
jim_frey

Re: Filling the hard drive now?

Post by jim_frey »

98% full
20,800 / 24,752 rendered
:shock:
OpenEMM Moderator
jim_frey

Post by jim_frey »

Well it's 100% full now and 22k of the 25k have been rendered. Python is running... the first mailing is still going out and I can login to OpenEmm just fine. We shall see.
OpenEMM Moderator
jim_frey

Post by jim_frey »

98% full now hours later, the render is still stuck at 22k
I stopped and started openemm.sh
Now the hard drive (df) says 51% used, when I go to the mailing that was stuck, in the "send mailing" tab it doesn't show that anything is generated any more and it gave the option to cancel. I clicked on the cancel and now it gives me the option to send the mailing again.

I'm going to be out of town for a couple days, so I'll just let it sit where it is now. The other list is going out, and I'll send this one once that one clears the queue it's in.
OpenEMM Moderator
jim_frey

Post by jim_frey »

I was able to re-send the mailing this morning and after about 6 hours of rendering, now the 25k list is going out. It seems it worked this time because the other mailing has had some time to clear the server.

I am a little confused as to why the mailing on the server is so large though. It should just be HTML code, not the images, but it seems the images in the html code are also downloaded?
OpenEMM Moderator